TravelTalkOnline

Dentist suggestion

Posted By: fabila

Dentist suggestion - 04/04/2024 06:08 PM

Will soon be on the island soon and may need a dentist for tooth extraction.

Anyone have experience with a dentist on the Dutch side they would recommend?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/04/2024 06:12 PM

How about a string and a door nob? Just joking but I would get it done long before going to SXM.

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/04/2024 06:24 PM

If that was a possibility I would do that but it is not.

Anyone else?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/04/2024 06:53 PM

Louise--you all seem to be pretty good friends with your car rental folks. Why don't you shoot them an email and ask? Couldn't hurt.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope everything turns out OK for you, as I think you are leaving for SXM, like tomorrow? Take care.

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/04/2024 07:00 PM

Good suggestion, Carol. Will do and we leave on Saturday. Can't do anything tomorrow at home with this issue.

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/04/2024 07:27 PM

Best wishes, Louise.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/04/2024 07:55 PM

A friend used Dr. Halley in Simpson Bay several years ago. He was very pleased and at a reasonable price. I have known others to use his services as well. 721-544-3080
Posted By: MrWhiskerssammy

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/04/2024 08:20 PM

I broke a tooth while on island a year or so ago and went to a dentist office on the French side. Over the causeway bridge turn left towards the French side. They are located in a shopping plaza at the bottom of the hill on the left just before the round about.

They were very professional. They were recommended to me by a retired dentist from NY who lives in the same complex that I do when on island. He said that he uses them when he has a problem. I would certainly use them again myself, if need be.
Posted By: SURICK

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/04/2024 08:26 PM

Young fellow named Dr. Davey across from Carrefour on roundabout is excellent. My go to was Dr. Bigelou on Front Street in Philipsburg years back, but he has retired.

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/04/2024 09:51 PM

Thank you all. I appreciate the recommendations
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/04/2024 10:42 PM

Dr. Halley and make the appointment now because it is hard to fit you in last minute.

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/05/2024 02:10 PM

Do you have any more information on Dr. Davey? I tried a Dr. Halley who came highly recommended but he doesn't work on the weekends and has nothing until Thursday.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/05/2024 02:29 PM

Daughter needed emergency dental work and used dentist on Divi end of Philipsburg. Good and reasonable.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/05/2024 05:46 PM

https://www.drdavy.sx/

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/05/2024 07:46 PM

Hi, Elaine. I hope all is well with you and Bill. I looked Dr Davy up, nice FB page. Hopefully I won't need him but if I do he has good hours.
Posted By: PrairieGirl

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/06/2024 04:56 PM

A second to Dr. Halley! He was recommended in Jan 2023 by someone on here when my husband needed a dentist because one of the posts fell out of his "in progress" implants. He was able to get in promptly and received great service at a very reasonable price.

Halley, M.
Family Dental Clinic
The Corner Road 7
Simpson Bay
Telephone: 544-3080

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/06/2024 05:19 PM

Louise--hope your trip down today goes OK. Let us know how this situation turns out.

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/07/2024 01:10 AM

So far my tooth is hanging in there. I did receive a nice email from Dr Davy who has availability. I’m having oral surgery at the end of this month. Plan has been agreed upon at home. I needed a back up plan should the tooth that is bonded to several others with a metal splint loosen to the point were it’s floating. I wouldn’t have a choice so would need it extracted while on the island. I’m being as cautious as I possibly can when eating . Fingers and toes crossed.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/07/2024 02:41 AM

Hang in there. Rum can be your friend. Hopefully no pain is associated with tooth.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Dentist suggestion - 04/07/2024 04:04 PM

Oh, I know what you are going through!
I spent Friday and Saturday at different dental offices! After a few other health issues, we decided
things were going to work out!!! See you soon!
I hope you are as fortunate. Do not eat those crispy wontons !!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline