TravelTalkOnline

SXM to MIA today

Posted By: SXMScubaman

SXM to MIA today - 04/05/2024 05:22 PM

My daughter and son in law are flying back today with AA. Took them 35 min from start to finish checking bags and going through security. Said they are downstairs instead of being able to use the jetway to board.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: SXM to MIA today - 04/05/2024 07:49 PM

Good, as far as their time. Sucks absolutely that AA to Miami does not have a jetway. I really hope in June that we get a jetway, as climbing up stairs is very difficult for me.

Re: SXM to MIA today - 04/05/2024 08:01 PM

Me too. On June 4th and July 24th we want a Jetway. They finally took off 45min late but Pilot just announced they will only be about 15mn late to the gate. They have checked bags and in FC but you never can count on MIA getting bags out in a timely manner.

Re: SXM to MIA today - 04/05/2024 08:10 PM

From what I understand, the downstairs gates are just very uncomfortable in general. Upstairs much more comfortable.

Re: SXM to MIA today - 04/05/2024 08:22 PM

Yes. Probably just like it was before the upstairs got done. So much for priority boarding once you're on the bus. Ok if walking to the plane as we did last time leaving.
Posted By: Todd

Re: SXM to MIA today - 04/05/2024 09:26 PM

I highly suggest in Miami if there is much of a line AFTER you recheck your bags to then exit and go back upstairs to the main entrances closer to the ticket counters where you have Precheck as well as Clear. Further tip is when you exit and get back upstairs there is a entrance right there but if you walk left when facing the counters (or that security entrance) the next one up has Clear and Precheck. It has saved us on a connector. I really seems strange when you are doing it the first time, but worth it as that line downstairs can really get long and move slow.

Re: SXM to MIA today - 04/05/2024 09:46 PM

Thanks. I'll copy and paste it to a text to them. They are still in the air about 30 minutes out. They live in Vancouver WA too. She teaches and coaches at Giezer middle school.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: SXM to MIA today - 04/05/2024 10:05 PM

Did Miami flight two weeks with business class only carry on and was good but missed my VIP lounge due to time issue .

Re: SXM to MIA today - 04/06/2024 02:14 AM

They made their connections. Now we get to pick them up o dark 30.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: SXM to MIA today - 04/06/2024 04:36 PM

I’ll never return through Miami again.

Re: SXM to MIA today - 04/06/2024 05:01 PM

I am thankful that we book non-stop from Miami, and then drive home from there.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: SXM to MIA today - 04/06/2024 05:08 PM

You’re lucky. Making a connection is a horror show.

Re: SXM to MIA today - 04/06/2024 05:16 PM

Tim--actually, we could connect to Tampa or Orlando airports, both of which are closer to our house than Miami, but with connection time and hassle, makes no sense. I loathe Frontier and their schedule sucks, or we might fly out of Orlando on Frontier. I dislike Southworst also, but keep hoping they may start nonstops from Florida, so might try them then.

Re: SXM to MIA today - 04/06/2024 05:26 PM

We'll be doing it twice . June and July.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline