TravelTalkOnline

Carnivore

Posted By: Alecs

Carnivore - 04/05/2024 10:49 PM

Hello all,

We are going to Sxm in May. Will stay at Atrium in Simpson bay.
I am on a carnivore diet and would like to know where is the best deal for eating meat, around Atrium.

Thank you all
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Carnivore - 04/05/2024 10:57 PM

I actually don't know what a carnivore diet is. Regardless, the Greenhouse, a stones' throw from Atrium, has their weekly prime rib deal. Not sure what day it is, but I'm sure someone here will chime in with it.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Carnivore - 04/05/2024 11:08 PM

According to the online menu, Monday and Thursday are prime rib nights and Wednesdayhttps://www.thegreenhouserestaurant.com/assets/pdf/2022-02-14-st-maarten.pdf is steak night.

Greenhouse Menu
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Carnivore - 04/05/2024 11:46 PM

Greenhouse all the way. BBB for burgers and ribs.

Re: Carnivore - 04/06/2024 01:24 AM

Thank you all for the info. I will definitely try it.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Carnivore - 04/06/2024 09:39 AM

The burger I had at BBB on my departure day was probably the worst burger I have had on the island. They used to be decent but this had zero taste, other than the cheese and bacon I ordered on it. They would be a hard pass for me.
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Carnivore - 04/06/2024 11:35 AM

I had the Southern Burger at Bar Code recent and it was excellent!
Posted By: timnboston

Re: Carnivore - 04/06/2024 11:40 AM

Toppers is a reasonable walk and has a great brisket - they also so a nice job with steaks and prime rib
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Carnivore - 04/06/2024 12:09 PM

Tha Captain's Rib shack has lots of smoked/barbequed meats. It's a very short walk from the Atrium.

Re: Carnivore - 04/06/2024 03:37 PM

Thanks again to all of you. What about pineapple Pete? Any good?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Carnivore - 04/06/2024 04:34 PM

I think Pineapple Pete is highly overrated. Has become more of a tourist stop rather than a go to place.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Carnivore - 04/06/2024 05:07 PM

Except for carrot top in Simpson Bay every restaurant in your area has meat on the menu…
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Carnivore - 04/06/2024 05:17 PM

I like Pineapple Pete, but they are not really that known for beef dishes, more fish and seafood.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Carnivore - 04/06/2024 08:50 PM

My suggestions:
3/4 mile away across the bridge you have Lal's, chicken tikka and chicken tikka marsala are two of my favorites. Chicken Frankies with Riatta Sauce are pretty good as well.
Half mile away also across the bridge you have The Palms which has a great filet mignon, ribs and when on the specials menu a great burger that he grinds his own meat.
Same estimated half mile across bridge Vesna Taverna also has a very good filet mignon and many other good items on her menu.

We stay at Atrium and in that area often, but we don't stay in that area to eat much any longer. Getting a little ways away from there we find better food. We do enjoy cocktails at Huppel The Pub pre and post dinner.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Carnivore - 04/06/2024 08:56 PM

Jax in Maho for great steak
Posted By: mgh

Re: Carnivore - 04/07/2024 02:25 PM

Try Bovin Steakhouse right next to La Patrona below the Simpson Bay Beach Resort. We dined there In February and although it is expensive the filet mignon was excellent, wewill definitely return.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline