TravelTalkOnline

Day 1 4/10

Posted By: JeanneB

Day 1 4/10 - 04/11/2024 11:43 AM

I normally don’t do trip reports, but thought I’d give it a try! We arrived on the Charlotte flight, landing at about 1:10 (a little early) and were out of the airport by 2 pm with carryon only. The airport staff would not let us skip the “cattle shoot”, stating that the immigration hall was busy. Not a big deal. I think we waited outside for 20 minutes or so, then just breezed right through.

Got a taxi to Dany’s to meet up with Wendy K and grab our car. Staying the first 3 nights at an Airbnb in Jordan Village before we move to RI on Saturday. We’re already planning on buying a couple of fans at Ace if need be. What can you do 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Dinner was at Spaghetti House in Jordan Village. Early to bed!

Currently waiting on the Cupecoy beach report to see if today will be a beach day or a pool day!

Edited to add: I told TSA in CLT that I had unused syringes in my bag. The agent couldn’t have cared less!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Day 1 4/10 - 04/11/2024 01:04 PM

Jeanne--glad you arrived OK. Better to follow the rules, than not, and get pulled aside and grilled for it.

As far as RI, there is no way I would stay anywhere without a/c. I would go by there and check to see if they will accommodate you somewhere else. It can't hurt. If necessary, I would pay to stay somewhere else.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Day 1 4/10 - 04/11/2024 02:47 PM

Or maybe get a concession for no AC.

Re: Day 1 4/10 - 04/11/2024 03:14 PM

Sorry, no a/c is a total no-go for me, personally. Sweating to death at night while trying to sleep? Not my idea of a relaxing vacation. ..Which is not to say that I blame RI for this. The blame can be squarely put at the door of GEBE.. But they are not going to ruin my vacation if I can help it.
Posted By: JeanneB

Re: Day 1 4/10 - 04/11/2024 03:15 PM

I’m renting from an owner, so I’m not expecting anything… I think we will give it a try, although I’m not opposed to getting another place if it unbearable…

Re: Day 1 4/10 - 04/11/2024 03:17 PM

Wow, good luck.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Day 1 4/10 - 04/11/2024 03:20 PM

Hopefully the owner will give some type of concession for the AC if you still elect to stay. If you paid via a CC you might have to refute the charges if the owner doesn't do anything.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Day 1 4/10 - 04/13/2024 11:08 AM

I'm with Carol on this one. We're returning to Belair later this year. They had A/C problems earlier this year. They claim all is fixed. We will make it clear before we go, no A/C, no deal!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline