TravelTalkOnline

Shooting in simpson bay

Posted By: jeepers

Shooting in simpson bay - 04/14/2024 11:02 PM

Apparently a shooting at 4 am at simpson bay night club. 1 person deceased & 3 others injured according to press release. They were transferred to French st Martin hospital.
Press release says "considering the imminent commencement of the main part of carnival in the coming days,the Police will be implementing strict measures against individuals found in possession of weapons or drugs".
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Shooting in simpson bay - 04/14/2024 11:49 PM

"Implementing strick measures". jester Guns and drugs are illegal to begin with on island.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Shooting in simpson bay - 04/15/2024 12:00 AM

Lotus Nightclub, across from Avantika and next to Market Garden
Posted By: megamania

Re: Shooting in simpson bay - 04/18/2024 10:33 PM

A couple of years ago, curiosity got the best of my husband and I. We saw the steps up to what looked like a nightclub called Lotus. So we ventured up there to take a look. Had no clue it was a late night club, lol....so we were meant with some shady lookin dudes that were not too friendly. It obviously was not open yet as this was just after our dinner.
Guess, after hearing and reading about this club (possible connection to Sandy Ground gangs??) it is a place to stay away from. Mind you if they dont open till 11pm ish then we are usually back to our condo by then. Its quite sad to read of this shooting and for all the families involved. Note: I have no proof of the connection mentioned above, it is just what I have read on several different FB accounts.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Shooting in simpson bay - 04/19/2024 12:22 AM

After 25+ years of visiting, I can tell you that I have seen or heard very bad / violent things happening, at most all night clubs, on both sides of the island. 20 years ago I would go and hang out and people watch, at these clubs, but now it is not worth my time and the people are less interesting to watch. Now, I just read TTOL for my daily fill of drama. 😃
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Shooting in simpson bay - 04/19/2024 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by bdeeley
Now, I just read TTOL for my daily fill of drama. 😃

cheers
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Shooting in simpson bay - 04/19/2024 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by jazzgal
Originally Posted by bdeeley
Now, I just read TTOL for my daily fill of drama. 😃

cheers

Can be lots of it here. 😇