TravelTalkOnline

Where to stay in Alicante or Malaga?

Posted By: wanoennogs

Where to stay in Alicante or Malaga? - 07/11/2023 09:28 PM

My friends and I want to go to either Alicante or Malaga. We will be going in early Oct. We want somewhere close to good nightlife with lots of bars and restaurants and preferably not too far a walk from a beach.

What area of Alicante or Malaga would you recommend we stay?
Posted By: Jeannius

Re: Where to stay in Alicante or Malaga? - 07/12/2023 07:35 AM

I'm not sure you'll find that many people on this forum that have been to either place. Do you mean Alicante City or the Province of Alicante in general? I have a house 50 miles north of Alicante, am a regular at the airport but have never been out in Alicante city in the evening. It does have a very attractive old centre to the city and there is a beach right there next to the marina but it is not that appealing.
Posted By: clark_henry

Re: Where to stay in Alicante or Malaga? - 07/19/2023 10:58 AM

If you're looking for a place to stay in Alicante with lots of bars and proximity to the beach, the best area to consider is the Playa del Postiguet neighborhood. Playa del Postiguet is the main beach in Alicante and is located right in the city center, making it a convenient choice for beach lovers. It offers a vibrant atmosphere with numerous bars, restaurants, and cafes nearby.

Another popular area to consider is the Barrio de Santa Cruz. This historic neighborhood is situated on the slopes of Mount Benacantil, near the Castle of Santa Barbara. It is known for its narrow, picturesque streets, charming architecture, and a variety of bars and restaurants. While it is not directly on the beach, it's still within walking distance or a short tram ride away.

Both Playa del Postiguet and Barrio de Santa Cruz offer a lively nightlife scene, especially during the summer months when the city comes alive with tourists and locals enjoying the warm Mediterranean evenings.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline