TravelTalkOnline

Hotel in Rome

Posted By: Anonymous

Hotel in Rome - 04/28/2012 02:32 AM

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a hotel for one night in Rome. Our cruise will be ending in Cittavecchia and we will fly home from Rome the next day. We will be doing some type of tour of Rome the day we disembark. I got one name, Hotel Pantheon.
Posted By: SMC_Irish_68

Re: Hotel in Rome - 04/28/2012 02:48 PM

We stayed there last May and it was an excellent choice. It's a boutique hotel adjacent to the Pantheon. I got the best price by booking on its web site (pre-pay).

In addition to being next to the Pantheon, there's lots of site within walking distance: Bascilica of Santa Maria Sopra Minerva (only gothic church in Rome), the Piazza Navona, etc.

The piazza in front of the Pantheon is lovely at night. There are restaurants there or on the side streets so it's convenient after a day of touring.

You can get a taxi to the airport at the Pantheon. We had the hotel arrange a car and it didn't cost much more than a taxi.
Posted By: Antigua

Re: Hotel in Rome - 04/28/2012 03:31 PM

Try this one below.

http://www.residenzacellini.it/
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Hotel in Rome - 04/28/2012 03:47 PM

As an alternative to staying in Rome, I would recommend staying at La Posta Vecchia. It is about 30 miles north of Ostia. I would spend the day exploring Ostia Antica (a mini Pompei). The hotel can arrange a guide for you. The restaurant is also fabulous. If this is to expensive there are many hotels in Lido di Ostia that are very reasonably priced and right on the beach. This is a popular Italian vacation spot in the summer. Benefits - close to airport/cruise ship and beautiful ruins without the hustle and bustle of Rome.
Posted By: LionFRR

Re: Hotel in Rome - 05/18/2012 11:14 PM

Check Regina Hotel Baglioni; you might want to end your trip in regal style!!!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline