TravelTalkOnline

One Day

Posted By: DCFIRE

One Day - 08/13/2013 01:59 AM

If you could pick one beach on Barbados to visit for a day which one would it be?
Posted By: Nutmeg

Re: One Day - 08/13/2013 12:28 PM

Ah, you ARE on a cruise, aren't you? When we were in Barbados, we asked the taxi dispatcher for a small car and a personalized tour, rather than the vans they normally use. We asked our driver to take us on a tour of places both iconic and unique and some place local for lunch (we bought her lunch). We negotiated a price, I think $100. She took us to the east coast- Bathsheba- and we fell in love with that side. Also a couple of old churches and "the Strip" as we returned to the ship. Barbados is one of those places that is difficult to get to but worth getting to know...
Posted By: macaroni

Re: One Day - 08/16/2013 11:20 AM

I would have a taxi take you to the Hilton...walk along the beach to your left and you will be on the Boardwalk...take that to the end...Accra/Rockley Beach....beautiful..enjoy the beach....then go to the parking lot across the street from the beach and have a flying fish sandwich at Just Grillin.....that day made us stop cruising because we didn't want to leave Barbados and now we have gone back several times.
Posted By: GrahamJ

Re: One Day - 08/16/2013 03:08 PM

Wow, I didn't realize the boardwalk went that far. We will have to explore it in January. We also love Accra/Rockley beach.
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: One Day - 08/16/2013 11:32 PM

Crane Beach is very picturesque, south-east side of island.
Posted By: macaroni

Re: One Day - 08/19/2013 11:48 AM

GrahamJ said:
Wow, I didn't realize the boardwalk went that far. We will have to explore it in January. We also love Accra/Rockley beach.

The Boardwalk doesn't go all the way to the Hilton...you will walk on beach for a little while and then pick up the Boardwalk.
Posted By: GrahamJ

Re: One Day - 08/19/2013 05:54 PM

Thanks.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline