TravelTalkOnline

Mandalay Tall Ship

Posted By: Anonymous

Mandalay Tall Ship - 05/06/2014 04:32 PM

My wife and i are booked on weeklong sail on the Mandalay out of Grenada. Has anyone done this trip before?

Re: Mandalay Tall Ship - 05/08/2014 07:04 PM

There are a number of reviews on the St Vincent and the Grenadines forum on Tripadvisor

Re: Mandalay Tall Ship - 05/08/2014 08:47 PM

Thank you but we were in hopes that someone on TTOL has been on this trip.
Posted By: Sandysnow

Re: Mandalay Tall Ship - 05/14/2014 11:51 AM

Many times in the past when it was the old Windjammer line. What do you want to know?

Re: Mandalay Tall Ship - 05/14/2014 09:39 PM

What is the best hotel to stay at the night before boarding on Sunday and any insights to make it a enjoyable trip. Thank you in advance !!
Posted By: Richieg1g

Re: Mandalay Tall Ship - 05/15/2014 07:53 PM

Flamboyant and Allamanda Hotels, been to both but many years ago.
Posted By: Sandysnow

Re: Mandalay Tall Ship - 05/27/2014 09:39 PM

Flamboyant is a lovely place where we like to have lunch & spend the day @ their pool when we rent self-catering guest cottages. If you're going off-season I believe it would be very reasonable. It's @ the south end of Grand Anse Beach.
We stayed twice @ The Gem Holiday Beach Resort on Morne Rouge Beach when we were taking a Windjammer; it's just over the hill from Flamboyant & within walking distance. Very inexpensive, nice quiet beach, especially for sunset. Both places not far from St. George, which I assume the ship still departs from, so easy to order a taxi. Grand Anse can take a day to stroll from one end to the other, especially if you stop @ the Spice Market. That's always fun on Saturdays.

Re: Mandalay Tall Ship - 05/31/2014 03:46 PM

Thank you so much for the info. This is our first time there and we are excited !
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline