TravelTalkOnline

Taxi fare from Blowing Point to Shoal Beach East

Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Taxi fare from Blowing Point to Shoal Beach East - 09/16/2015 03:23 PM

After traveling to SXM for 16 years we are again contemplating going to Anguilla for our first time. Blame it on sand gravity. Can anyone give us a "benchmark" price for a taxi from Blowing Point to Shoal Beach East? One way or round trip?

Thanks!!!
Posted By: jamiegarrett761

Re: Taxi fare from Blowing Point to Shoal Beach East - 09/16/2015 03:43 PM

Last year, it was $26 from the ferry terminal to Gwen's. And $26 back. For two people. Expensive but worth it.
Posted By: PreK176

Re: Taxi fare from Blowing Point to Shoal Beach East - 09/16/2015 04:14 PM

I'm not sure what the taxi fare is but $26 isn't that much more than what we pay from the airport to Marigot. The driver on Anguilla will give you a little tour of the island. People are very friendly on the island! Have a great time!
Posted By: SXMSAMMY

Re: Taxi fare from Blowing Point to Shoal Beach East - 09/16/2015 05:30 PM

Don't know if this is current or not, but at least its a start: http://taxistmaarten.com/zones-rates/
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Taxi fare from Blowing Point to Shoal Beach East - 09/16/2015 05:51 PM

OK, I'm confused. How does that relate to Anguilla?
Posted By: SXMSAMMY

Re: Taxi fare from Blowing Point to Shoal Beach East - 09/16/2015 07:00 PM

LOL, didn't see that it was moved to General Caribbean....LOL
Posted By: truant2

Re: Taxi fare from Blowing Point to Shoal Beach East - 09/16/2015 07:03 PM

Another option is to rent a car for the day and really see the island. Not that much more expensive. Shoal Bay West has a great Italian restaurant, Trattoria Tramonto, on the beach, and chairs and umbrellas are free with a meal. Straw Hat on Meads Bay is also wonderful, and the swimming is as good a Shoal Bay East.
Posted By: Ellen777

Re: Taxi fare from Blowing Point to Shoal Beach East - 09/16/2015 10:28 PM

Taxi is around $26.00 each way, rental car is $40-50 with another $20.00 for license. Pay in US dollars - not Eastern Caribbean. Take cash for ferry and gas and departure tax.
Depends on what you want to do, I personally never recommend a rental on the first trip as I think people should sit back and relax and take in the sights without having to worry about directions or driving on the left. If you do rent a car and go to Shoal Bay East, do not get conned into parking - park at Elodias, buy lunch and rent some chairs. Parking is free on most beaches.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Taxi fare from Blowing Point to Shoal Beach East - 09/17/2015 12:32 PM

Gwen's has moved to a new spot. Too much erosion at the old one. She made a deal and swapped lots.
The road in is long and steep. A bit bumpy. But there is parking. If you aren't familiar with Anguilla a driver or taxi is a good idea.

Gwen needs to plant trees. I know they were talking of planting palms again, as there wasn't shade...just lots of scrub they were still clearing off. Tables were still being set up.
Posted By: PreK176

Re: Taxi fare from Blowing Point to Shoal Beach East - 09/17/2015 02:48 PM

$26 for 2 people to SBE is not a bad price! SBE is on the other side of the island so a longer taxi ride than airport to Marigot which some of us were making a comparison with. We pay $20 for 2 people to Marigot- 15 min ride. To SBE is a 20-25 min ride. Well worth the extra $6 so you can enjoy the rum punches and not worry about driving on the island!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline