TravelTalkOnline

Back On Nevis

Posted By: NeilRooney

Back On Nevis - 10/18/2019 03:13 PM

I lived here from 2011 to 2014 and have just returned for a couple of months. It is amazing how little has changed in five years. Thankfully there are still no fast food places and no traffic lights.

The Four Seasons is finishing a renovation which includes a new beach side pool and restaurant. The Cabana Restaurant is being replace with On The Dune and due to be completed before Thanksgiving. Mango Restaurant has had a face lift and I do like the new Crowned Monkey Rum Bar just off the lobby.

Unfortunately Coconut Grove restaurant is no more. Sunshine's has just added a new deck and erected tents for more shade. The Gin Trap reopened this week, I'll give it a go tonight. Chrishi Beach Restaurant is getting work completed this week.

The new pier on Oualie Beach is operational for water taxis from St Kitts.

The road from the Airport is being paved, removed and replaced. It is newly paved from Cliff Dwellers to Indian Summer and will finish half way up the hill beyond Yachtsman Grill.

There has been a reasonable amount of rain recently leaving the Island very green.

There are still many donkeys, sheep and goats roaming the streets, and let's not forget the Monkeys!
Posted By: Carib_Ian

Re: Back On Nevis - 10/18/2019 10:38 PM

Thank you for that update. Love Nevis!

Re: Back On Nevis - 11/04/2019 06:17 PM

Paving is now finished up to the Cotton Ground Roundabout. Double Deuce reopened last week. Beware of the tall bar stools at Gin Trap! Yachtsman has a few new items on the menu. Lots of rain in the last few days is keeping things green!
Posted By: DavefromCA

Re: Back On Nevis - 11/11/2019 07:44 PM

Do you know what happened to Coconut Grove? They had the best wine selection on the island.

Re: Back On Nevis - 11/11/2019 10:31 PM

Unfortunately the result of a divorce
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline