TravelTalkOnline

Costa Rico

Posted By: Catatonic

Costa Rico - 08/22/2013 02:24 PM

My partner in crime decided to purchase us a 5 day 4 night all inclusive trip to Costa Rico for $99. I am sure the all inclusive includes a time share presentation but I can $99 worth of local rum in a couple of days so what the heck.

Problem is I can't seem to find anyone who flies to Costa Rico out of St. Thomas or San Juan. Anyone have any ideas of how to get there without flying to JFK first?

Thanks!
Pamela
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Costa Rico - 08/22/2013 02:31 PM

I am pretty sure there are flights out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, on either AA or Spirit.

Re: Costa Rico - 08/22/2013 04:32 PM

Thanks Carol. Just seems counter intuitive to fly to the mainland to fly to the Caribbean doesn't it?

Re: Costa Rico - 08/22/2013 05:04 PM

Yes, for sure, but better Miami or FLL, versus NY. Problem is, if you look at many or most of the Caribbean airlines, they just aren't reliable.
Posted By: CrazyCanuxx

Re: Costa Rico - 08/24/2013 03:38 AM

any options u chose thru Caribbean will cost an arm and a leg for the risk of not getting there on time.

check copa airlines- free stop overs in panama city with free med insurance for a month - and then you are a hop skip and jump away.

otherwise any of the flight aggregators will help you island hop your way there. I use rumbo.com just for airline leads and go from there.

good luck and have fun!

Re: Costa Rico - 08/27/2013 01:05 PM

Thanks to all.
Pamela

Re: Costa Rico - 08/27/2013 01:20 PM

Pamela--so, what did you decide to do on the air?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline