TravelTalkOnline

Mandalay former Windjammer ship

Posted By: turqwater

Mandalay former Windjammer ship - 06/26/2012 09:49 PM

Has anyone booked a trip on this yet? I did 14+ trips on various Windjammer ships and was thrilled when I heard the Mandalay was back in service and in Grenada.
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: Mandalay former Windjammer ship - 06/27/2012 05:16 PM

Turqwater-
We saw some of the renovation work when it was being done to the Mandalay when she was in the Galapagos in 2010. Now the ship has been purchased by a new group and will be offering cruises soon.

Here is where you can find the latest information:
http://www.sailwindjammer.com/About_Us.html

Have fun!
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Mandalay former Windjammer ship - 07/19/2012 01:15 PM

First sailing on her is this coming weekend, unless those plans have changed. Glad she survived - got married on her in 2005, did an anniversary trip in '06 and the San Blas is '07.

She's the reason I love to sail the BVI...but now that we charter on our own, not much desire to do the WJ thing...
Posted By: Richieg1g

Re: Mandalay former Windjammer ship - 07/19/2012 05:06 PM

Winterstale said:
First sailing on her is this coming weekend, unless those plans have changed. Glad she survived - got married on her in 2005, did an anniversary trip in '06 and the San Blas is '07.

She's the reason I love to sail the BVI...but now that we charter on our own, not much desire to do the WJ thing...

The Mandalay is truly a beautiful ship and we missed sailing on her in 2007 by only a few weeks when WJBC went belly up. I hope she endures for more years to come.
Posted By: PRSM

Re: Mandalay former Windjammer ship - 08/01/2012 10:59 PM

Just got off the Mandalay on her inaugural sailing under the NEW company: Windjammer Sailing Adventures. They have her in top notch condition with many of the old crew. It was a fantastic week and anyone that enjoyed sailing with the old company will love what the new is doing!
Brian
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Mandalay former Windjammer ship - 08/13/2012 05:47 PM

Good to know, Brian, thanks -- I know there are a lot of happy people out there now that she's back!
Posted By: turqwater

Re: Mandalay former Windjammer ship - 08/19/2012 04:53 AM

It's on my list for next year!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline