TravelTalkOnline

Key West Bed and Breakfasts

Posted By: toast

Key West Bed and Breakfasts - 08/30/2020 10:56 AM

IN case my BVI trip gets postponed again, am looking at Key west as an alternative. Have explored AirBNB but am wondering if anyone has good experiences with some B&B in town? Looking for early November. What do you think of staying on a boat? there were several options to do that.. I realize we would not move the boat, but since i was supposed to be sailing thought this might fit the bill also.....

any suggestions of places people have stayed would be of interest to me

thanks in advance!
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Key West Bed and Breakfasts - 08/30/2020 01:16 PM

We live in Florida and have toyed with the idea of going down and staying on one of the Airbnb boats. I think it would be really fun - read the reviews and choose wisely.

But....hopefully we’ll be enjoying cold ones in the BVI together
Posted By: tangerine3

Re: Key West Bed and Breakfasts - 08/30/2020 03:51 PM

I have been looking at Key West too, however they have a mandated mask order in effect even if you are walking outside by yourself and on the beach, this is only in the city limits of Key West and as of now August 30th, 2020. If this doesn't bother you I can recommend a place called the Curry House Bed and Breakfast, very nice and great home cooked breakfast (although) that might be on hold as well I have noticed a lot of hotels that say breakfast included are not actually included because of Covid 19, nice quiet residential area with all the nice homes to walk around and look at and it is easy to walk to center of Key west and even closer to the marina with boats and shops, bars restaurants. We have opted to go to Islamorada as we do not want to wear a mask while walking around outdoors by ourselves. Anywhere else in the Keys seems you only have to wear a mask into establishments and in restaurants and bars only walking to and from your table/bar, otherwise masks are ok off your choice.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Curry+House+by+Vacasa/@24.5583797,-81.7990919,17z/data=!4m11!1m2!2m1!1shotels!3m7!1s0x0:0xe5e204b24ed6cb84!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d24.5582359!4d-81.798979

Re: Key West Bed and Breakfasts - 08/30/2020 03:58 PM

I wait tables with a mask on for 8+ hours at a time to keep people safe.....and keep myself and my loved ones safe. I have been doing this since May with no sickness.

Mask up.
If I can sweat my [censored] off doing this for a living? You can do it on vacation.
Posted By: toast

Re: Key West Bed and Breakfasts - 08/31/2020 09:55 AM

Thanks the recommendation, I am good with mask, I wear outside when out and about now anyway. Still hoping for some announcement this week from BVi, but may just look to move the date again and book somewhere else i know i can go.

Re: Key West Bed and Breakfasts - 08/31/2020 12:42 PM

I was trying so hard to hold out hope for our November charters....but I think we can probably assume the 2020 fall/winter season is not going to happen....
Posted By: TRIM

Re: Key West Bed and Breakfasts - 09/27/2020 02:07 AM

Is anyone doing the Key West thing in November? We chartered a Cat for first week in November out of KW. At the time we booked, it was looking like U.S. based was a lot more likely to happen. It still looks like we made the right choice....at least for November.
Posted By: bagsarepacked

Re: Key West Bed and Breakfasts - 09/30/2020 01:07 AM

Key West Bed and Breakfast @ 415 Williams Street is amazing!!!!!!! I have stayed there about 10 times over the years. The house is beautiful ~ very Caribbean décor and feel. It is in a great part of town. The people who work here at some of the nicest people I have ever met.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline