TravelTalkOnline

Wineries in Napa

Posted By: marge

Wineries in Napa - 07/22/2013 01:28 PM

We are returning to Napa in early fall, and would love some suggestions of wineries to visit. We have already hit all the "big ones" (Sterling, Gloria etc.), and are looking for interesting, maybe small wineries that we might otherwise miss. Has anyone been to Hewitt?
Thanks!
Posted By: Latbrat16

Re: Wineries in Napa - 08/04/2013 09:37 PM

Hello Marge,
Since I am part of a five-generation Napa Valley I think I might be able to help with your request.

A unique experience: http://www.castellodiamorosa.com/

The best chardonnay: www.rombauer.com/‎

Francis Ford Coppola’s Winery: www.inglenook.com/‎
Francis has finally been able to put the former exquisite Inglenook Winery back to its original grandeur. I had the privilege of working for Francis until I retired. Be sure to taste the Cask Cab and the Pennino Zin. Both wines are to die for.

My cousin’s winery: www.caymus.com/‎
You will have to phone and make an appointment to taste.

Fun and good wine: www.plumpjackwinery.com/‎

I am not familiar with Hewitt. It seems that wineries change names often in the Valley. These are the wineries I take visitors. Hope it helps. I just realized I will be in the New England area will you are in the Napa Valley. Enjoy your trip.
Posted By: marge

Re: Wineries in Napa - 08/05/2013 02:47 PM

Thanks for all the information. Let me know if I can return the favor!
Posted By: Todd

Re: Wineries in Napa - 09/17/2013 02:17 AM

Napa is nice, but we spent a couple days down in the Morgan Hill to Gilroy area and really enjoyed ourselves. Much more friendly and good wine. We enjoyed it more than Napa.
Cheers,
Todd
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline