TravelTalkOnline

Any 4th of July Events on Island

Posted By: bdeeley

Any 4th of July Events on Island - 06/13/2017 03:18 AM

Any known events taking place on the island on the 4th of July.
Posted By: sasasal

Re: Any 4th of July Events on Island - 06/13/2017 01:04 PM

I may be wrong, but not sure there are forth of july celebrations on Island. It is an American event after all. I only know of fireworks on new years eve. I could be wrong, than again perhaps some places do try to celebrate for American... I have been going for many years, but never really go there in july... Too hot for us, but hopefully someone else will reply.

Re: Any 4th of July Events on Island - 06/13/2017 01:32 PM

Thank you. I quite understand about the 4th being AMERICAN, but with so many expats now living on the island and a few of them owning businesses, I thought a few places might have something going on that day.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Any 4th of July Events on Island - 06/13/2017 01:44 PM

There used to be a 4th of July semi (or totally) naked parade down Orient by various beach goers. Not sure if that still goes on or not. Used to end at Andy and Cheryl's, which of course is not there any more. Topper used to host the very popular Taste of SXM event on the 4th weekend in his parking lot. Since the government has taken over that lot now, not sure whether it will still take place. Otherwise, I don't remember hearing anything that happens around the 4th. I would suggest to get a Daily Herald every day and look to see if you see anything.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Any 4th of July Events on Island - 06/13/2017 02:08 PM

Years ago you could watch fireworks at Great Bay and the Lagoon. But since the fire and the people dieing that has stopped. There might be a small celebration. As Carol said watch the DH for info.

Wendell

Re: Any 4th of July Events on Island - 06/13/2017 02:45 PM

Thank you all
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline