TravelTalkOnline

question on vaccanation

Posted By: sasasal

question on vaccanation - 11/30/2017 07:37 PM

Anyone live on Island or know if the shingles vaccine is given? thanks in advance
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: question on vaccanation - 11/30/2017 08:01 PM

Why wouldn't you just get it at home? If you're over 60, most insurance pays for it.. I just walked into Walgreen's and it was easy.. No appointment, no cost.

Re: question on vaccanation - 12/01/2017 05:59 PM

Husband is going to Island in a few weeks. He is not covered for the shot, and two places quoted close to 300.00. so just thought if they give it on Island it may be cheaper... Not sure why not covered, have medicare and united secondary ins... Guess trying to save some money... It was just a thought...
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: question on vaccanation - 12/01/2017 06:15 PM

Send an e-mail to the Mullet clinic. They are closed now, and you probably won't get an answer until Monday.
http://www.mulletbayclinic.com/service-vaccinations.html
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: question on vaccanation - 12/01/2017 06:49 PM

That is weird, that he is not covered at all. Are you happy overall with your coverage otherwise?? Since you're in your annual enrollment right now, sounds like maybe you should check out other plans, as that is a very common coverage, for preventative items.

Re: question on vaccanation - 12/01/2017 07:12 PM

Your right. that's what we thought. Husband is 72 and should be covered. this is the first time we have had a problem. Wondering if its a state thing. But will look into a new plan. thanks.

Re: question on vaccanation - 12/01/2017 07:13 PM

thanks will give this a try... Not sure why the shingles vaccine is so expensive...
Posted By: SXMSAMMY

Re: question on vaccanation - 12/01/2017 07:58 PM

Shingles shot
How often is it covered?

The shingles shot isn’t covered by Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) or Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance). Generally, Medicare prescription drug plans (Part D) cover all commercially-available vaccines (like the shingles shot) needed to prevent illness. Contact your Medicare drug plan for more information about coverage.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: question on vaccanation - 12/01/2017 10:02 PM

Don't you just love insurance? My shot was free - I have A & B, plus a secondary plan through my union (Letter Carriers) by Aetna. And others are being quoted as high as $300. I've had shingles (ere the shot) and they're no fun.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline