TravelTalkOnline

Dipping sauce for Jalapeno poppers

Posted By: annie

Dipping sauce for Jalapeno poppers - 09/18/2010 03:53 PM

Anyone got a good recipe for a dipping sauce for the cream cheese stuffed poppers?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Dipping sauce for Jalapeno poppers - 09/18/2010 04:36 PM

Try melting some apricot preserves (add a little water if you need to thin it enough). I have no idea if it'd be any good, but the combination sounds tasty to me.

Re: Dipping sauce for Jalapeno poppers - 09/18/2010 04:53 PM

Georgia, that sounds great to me. I do have a jar of it and will give that a try tomorrow. Think I might add a little horseradish to that. Thanks!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Dipping sauce for Jalapeno poppers - 09/18/2010 05:30 PM

Annie--making a stupid comment here, but we don't normally even use any dipping sauce for jalapeno poppers!! Just straight, they are good! We do sometimes use salsa, which is a good combination, though.

Re: Dipping sauce for Jalapeno poppers - 09/18/2010 05:35 PM

Carol, I eat them either with or without the dipping sauce depending upon my mood. I had a great dipping sauce at the Honky Tonk on Great Bay and I am going to see if I can find out just what it is when I go back there in a few weeks.

Re: Dipping sauce for Jalapeno poppers - 09/19/2010 12:26 AM

Annie, I like the horseradish idea! Two different kinds of heat with a little sweet and a little creamy! YUMMY!

Re: Dipping sauce for Jalapeno poppers - 09/19/2010 01:37 AM

I'm going to give it a try tomorrow...at least I think I am. I'll report back on it.

Re: Dipping sauce for Jalapeno poppers - 09/20/2010 01:14 PM

Well I heated some apricot preserve adding just a little water to thin it out somewhat and then put in a healthy dose of horseradish. Oh boy was that ever good with the Cream Cheese filled poppers. Doubt it would be good if the poppers where the cheddar filled! Now to go on a diet after eating all those...I did deep fry them.

Re: Dipping sauce for Jalapeno poppers - 09/20/2010 02:02 PM

Yummy!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline