TravelTalkOnline

Caliente Caribe / No Individual reservations.....

Posted By: shaved1

Caliente Caribe / No Individual reservations..... - 10/01/2014 12:22 AM

As a couple we have typically picked our travel dates and then attempted to book our resort of choice. ( Both Hedos, both Grand Lidos, Eden Bay etc)
Well the landscape has changed dramatically in the last several years. But I'm wondering if you can still book w/a group during a time the resort is sold out or moreover not taking individual reservations anymore as is the case at Caliente Caribe ??

Also......w/o reading any trip reports what's the overall feeling on the " New" Hero II?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Caliente Caribe / No Individual reservations..... - 10/01/2014 12:35 AM

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with CC. Do you mean that they no longer accept any individual reservations, period?

Re: Caliente Caribe / No Individual reservations..... - 10/01/2014 12:43 AM

That's what their website indicates. Just as recent as 3 weeks ago they still posted a monthly calendar indicating what dates were available .

Now it says no reservations for groups under 60 people. Unless I'm interpreting things wrong........
Posted By: PatT

Re: Caliente Caribe / No Individual reservations..... - 10/29/2014 12:35 PM

Think they are ka-put. We're not going back. We have friends who's January reservations have been cancelled....
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Caliente Caribe / No Individual reservations..... - 10/29/2014 02:03 PM

The website still says only groups of 60 ROOMS..
Posted By: AnnTS

Re: Caliente Caribe / No Individual reservations..... - 11/02/2014 08:48 PM

Caliente Caribe had been having problems since Jan. 2013 when the government shut them down temporarily and some groups/individual trips were cancelled.

Everything from power being intermittment and some items being out of supply occurred the past year from reports of people that have contacted me. It's sad that we lose another resort.

As for the "new" Hedo II, I have been twice since the ownership change and both me and my group/Krewe return next June for our 9th Annual Group Trip Adventure because of the long -overdue positive changes that will continue thru 2014/2015. I do not believe that there is another resort that compares to Hedo for the value and return-guest-rate reasons. June 2015 will be my lucky 11th Hedo trip. smile
Posted By: sailn

Re: Caliente Caribe / No Individual reservations..... - 11/11/2014 11:36 PM

cc used to have their own power, switched generators at noon each day.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Caliente Caribe / No Individual reservations..... - 11/12/2014 04:27 AM

I think the Calientes' (Tampa and Caribe) are on the steep decline and doomed primarily because of their steerage away from AANR for short-term gain and long-term loss.

Re: Caliente Caribe / No Individual reservations..... - 12/29/2014 03:54 AM

K
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline