TravelTalkOnline

Has anyone visted Paya Bay Resort - Roatan

Posted By: lee614

Has anyone visted Paya Bay Resort - Roatan - 09/25/2018 02:45 AM

I did some research for a (different) naturalist place, in the Caribbean, since SXM was set back a little bit. I found Paya Bay Resort. I almost went in June but my plans shifted a couple weeks and we landed up in Jamaica. I am eyeing it for May or June of 2019. So just trying to find out if anyone has been there. I am never to excited to read tripadvisor reviews.
Thanks in Advance.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Has anyone visted Paya Bay Resort - Roatan - 09/26/2018 06:51 PM

This thread is a little old, but I found this.
thread from 2015

Also, this thread, which is more recent.

See Chazo's comments in thread
Posted By: lee614

Re: Has anyone visted Paya Bay Resort - Roatan - 10/08/2018 04:21 PM

Thank You. I didn't dig that far back.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Has anyone visted Paya Bay Resort - Roatan - 10/08/2018 05:39 PM

No problem. If you do end up going, please do a report upon your return!
Posted By: scubadivers

Re: Has anyone visted Paya Bay Resort - Roatan - 10/16/2018 01:37 PM

We went a few years ago (4; 5?). We won't be back. The resort is absolutely lovely, the staff are super-nice, the food is good, the water is wonderful. BUT, two things: One, it is only "sort of" nudist. There are 3 beaches: one tiny one is always clothing-optional; the second is clothing-optional during specified nude weeks; the third and largest is open to the public and never nude. Shielded pathways allow guests to walk to the first two beaches unclothed; otherwise the rest of the resort requires clothing. Second thing: sand fleas! They are horrific. I made the mistake of putting a lounge mat and towel directly on the sand; I was bitten so badly that I had to give up 3 days of diving as I could not stand for the wetsuit or gear to touch me. My husband stayed on a lounge chair and was not as badly bitten, but it was very bad for him, too. I'm sorry to write this as I really wanted this to be a good Club O alternative (and especially now! Poor Club O); but really, don't go.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline