TravelTalkOnline

Going to Blind Creek Beach

Posted By: HappyNude

Going to Blind Creek Beach - 01/07/2020 06:55 PM

My wife doesn't know it yet, but I've started plans for a quick visit to Blind Creek Beach in February. We'll fly into Orlando and drive down and stay at the Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa. We'll have three full days on the beach before we have to head back to the Hyatt at MCO and get a 6AM flight back home. I considered the Marriott Courtyard Hutchinson Island but then I found the Hutchinson Shores and the price was the same.

If anyone has recommendations for restaurants (breakfast & dinner) and bars near our hotel that would be appreciated.

Having visited Haulover only a few months ago for the first time (see my trip report in this forum), I'm excited about being at Blind Creek. We wanted to go back to Key West but the prices for flights and rooms were twice what I'm paying this way. I also got a free night at the Hyatt using credit card points.

Can't wait to be happy nude again on a beach!
Posted By: ChuckG

Re: Going to Blind Creek Beach - 01/08/2020 12:28 PM

Shuckers, in the Island Beach resort, is on your way back from the beach! We ate there last winter, was jammed on a Sunday but good food and ambiance. https://www.islandbeachresort.com/dining/

We go to Blind Creek a couple of times each winter, was just there a week ago, in fact. Hope your weather is good, it's a crapshoot in February sometimes. We're at Cypress Cove all winter, cypresscoveresort.com. Maybe you consider staying there instead of the Hyatt? It's a half hour from the airport at that time of day.

Be sure you mention to the hotel people that Blind Creek is the reason that you are visiting. It's legal now and making good progress toward becoming "official":
https://cbs12.com/news/local/st-lucie-county-could-be-a-step-closer-to-having-official-nude-beach
Posted By: jbutah

Re: Going to Blind Creek Beach - 01/08/2020 02:31 PM

12 A Buoy is about 25 minutes north in Ft. Pierce and is an excellent restaurant.
Posted By: arehouse

Re: Going to Blind Creek Beach - 01/08/2020 04:38 PM

Thanks for the update on Blind Creek Beach. We hope to spend a month on Hutchinson Island next year (when we’re retired) and one of the draws is Blind Creek.

Meanwhile, we’ll spend a week at Cypress Cove this March! Can’t wait!

Re: Going to Blind Creek Beach - 06/04/2020 10:43 AM

Totally nekkid and legal now!
https://www.wptv.com/news/region-st-lucie-county/nude-beach-formally-recognized-in-st-lucie-county

Also. Playalinda/Cape Canaveral opens Friday 6/5 at noon https://www.nps.gov/cana/planyourvisit/conditions.htm
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Going to Blind Creek Beach - 06/04/2020 01:26 PM

Chuck--thanks for the update! Great news!
Posted By: Pan

Re: Going to Blind Creek Beach - 06/05/2020 06:20 PM

Yep, finally legal. Been there 5 times over the past month and it looks more beautiful than ever.
Posted By: magpie

Re: Going to Blind Creek Beach - 06/05/2020 08:44 PM

That's great. Now it's time for a SW Florida nude beach
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Going to Blind Creek Beach - 05/02/2021 10:23 PM

We are planning a quick trip to Jensen Beach in a couple of weeks and want to go to Blind Creek. Any suggestions on a place to rent a couple of chairs and an umbrella for a day or two.
Posted By: Joecool

Re: Going to Blind Creek Beach - 07/08/2021 12:50 PM

We were at Blind Creek back in May. What an absolutely beautiful and rustic beach. There is no place there to rent chairs or umbrellas at the beach. That's what adds to the beauty and the charm of the beach and all who worked so hard to keep it so nice. Completely different vibe from Haulover.
As far as renting chairs is concerned, your best bet may be to buy chairs and mail them back home from a UPS store. That's what we did. It may sound silly, but it's worth it. We can't wait to get back to Blind Creek next year. Like one of the previous posters said, we too, look forward to retiring on Hutchinson Island as snowbirds and we factor in Blind Creek as one of the many reasons we plan to.

Re: Going to Blind Creek Beach - 07/11/2021 11:41 AM

Joe,
Very cool ;-) that you liked BCB! It definitely is a treasure for Florida. Looking forward to spending another month there in November! Good idea on the chairs, another would be to loan them to a local until you return.
Chuck
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline