TravelTalkOnline

Haulover Beach update

Posted By: RobT

Haulover Beach update - 10/27/2022 12:17 AM

Went to Haulover Beach today and had a few surprises. Good and bad. The best part I found out leaving. They are doing a upgrade to the beach and have added outdoor shower by one of the South side entrances, where we usually go. I know that there are showers near the North end, but this is new. I do not know if any more were added.

The North parking lot is all torn up, and the entrance was closed. It is a major program to increase boating access and prepare for rising sea levels. The lot tends to have ponds when it rains. I ended up parking at the South lot and walking to the CO section. I later found out that I could have followed the orange cones to get to a paved section of the North lot from the South lot. Oh well, that was my exercise for the day.

Also, all the life guard stand have been replaced by new stands, and matting was added to the entrance with the new showers. There may have been more improvements, but that is all I saw.
Posted By: ChuckG

Re: Haulover Beach update - 10/27/2022 10:59 AM

Is it still ok to use the showers nude? That's been rtrue for the North ones. Could never understand the showers at Gunnison where you have to wear a bathing suit!
Posted By: RobT

Re: Haulover Beach update - 10/27/2022 06:55 PM

I suppose so. You have to walk up the path a little way to the shower, but the showers are out of site from the main road. Someone was taking a shower nude when I walked by to leave yesterday. There are no signs.
Posted By: BlueMoc

Re: Haulover Beach update - 10/27/2022 07:40 PM

When I was there this summer I saw people using the new showers while still nude. I assume, like the north showers, that it is fine.

Re: Haulover Beach update - 10/28/2022 01:17 PM

Cool! Now to get same at Blind Creek!
Posted By: Joecool

Re: Haulover Beach update - 11/03/2022 08:02 PM

Good to know about the upgrades and be able to shower nude at Haulover. Yes, I too would love to see outdoor showers at Blind Creek. Heard about new bathroom facilities at BC. Are they up and running yet and if so are they designated Male/Female? Not that it matters, but....only reason I ask is that last year while shopping in New York City I stopped to use the restroom in a hotel and was surprised to find out it was designated for both . I thought I walked into the wrong one. Times sure are a-changin!

Re: Haulover Beach update - 11/04/2022 10:41 AM

Joe, I replied in a separate post about Blind Creek.

Re: Haulover Beach update - 11/04/2022 10:42 AM

Joe, I replied in a separate post about Blind Creek.
Posted By: Joecool

Re: Haulover Beach update - 11/18/2022 09:08 PM

Thanks Chuck. Was laid up for awhile. Sorry for the late reply. All is good. Thanks. Have a great time at BC.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline