TravelTalkOnline

Charter Company

Posted By: bvichree

Charter Company - 01/16/2015 12:53 AM

Hi! getting ready for our next charter in June. We are looking to move away from the Moorings and try another company. We prefer 4 cabins/monohull/genset-AC. We have chartered with CYOA and they were great and are still on the list. What about alternatives on Tortola? Who do you love to charter from and why? We got burned the last time we chose a second tier company on tortola but they are closed now, but still we are a little nervous. Need a company with good service and solid boats. We do not require "fancy."
Go.....

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Christy
Posted By: Kirk

Re: Charter Company - 01/16/2015 01:26 AM

After starting out with Sunsail for a few trips I tried Conch Charters (based on a few recos). In two weeks I'll be departing for my 5th consecutive Conch charter. Prices are very good and I've only had a couple very minor issues with the boats...nothing that required immediate attention. The marina facilities are fairly basic but OK. Two weeks...can't wait!
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Charter Company - 01/16/2015 01:44 AM

Cannot recommend BVI Yacht Charters enough. Great boats, great service, great prices.

Going into our fifth charter with them in May. They have some VERY nice newer monos in the fleet these days too!

Re: Charter Company - 01/16/2015 01:46 AM

http://www.bviyachtcharters.com/yachts/isle-dance-ii-beneteau-50-4/
Posted By: JD_Midnight

Re: Charter Company - 01/16/2015 01:49 AM

Look at ProValor. Nice dock in East End and very good service. Both Conch and ProValor have comparable yachts.... ProValor is a smaller operation but closer to Airport if you are flying into Beef Island.

Re: Charter Company - 01/16/2015 01:50 AM

They are also nicely located directly across from the big Riteway - so easy to do your own provisioning!
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Charter Company - 01/16/2015 02:34 AM

If you're looking for a Cat, Voyage in Soper's Hole can't be beat in terms of personal service and boat condition.

Re: Charter Company - 01/17/2015 01:07 AM

Thanks for the ideas! Called BVIYC. Gosh I am surprised that most of the yachts we want are already booked for June! Jacomina is available. Anyone have experience with her? We were spoiled on our last charter in June with a genset and AC. Jacomina only has shoreside AC. Am i being unreasonable? Until last charter we had never had AC, but it sho was nice!!
Posted By: warren460

Re: Charter Company - 01/17/2015 01:46 AM

Consider contacting mango yacht charters. Patrick could help and he does not charge anything. He spends months in the bvi and knows it well.
Posted By: Jeannius

Re: Charter Company - 01/17/2015 08:21 AM

June books up earlier than any time other than New Year. June is the first month of the cheapest rates for most charter companies, hence the high demand.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Charter Company - 01/17/2015 09:40 AM

June weather is also pretty amazing.
Posted By: Teammac

Re: Charter Company - 01/17/2015 12:44 PM

Check with Marine Max in Hodges Creek. I have not chartered with them but I see their boats are very well equipped with all the bells and whistles. I do know the base manager there and he is straight up.
Posted By: jphart

Re: Charter Company - 01/17/2015 02:18 PM

bvichree said:
Hi! getting ready for our next charter in June. We are looking to move away from the Moorings and try another company. We prefer 4 cabins/monohull/genset-AC. We have chartered with CYOA and they were great and are still on the list. What about alternatives on Tortola? Who do you love to charter from and why? We got burned the last time we chose a second tier company on tortola but they are closed now, but still we are a little nervous. Need a company with good service and solid boats. We do not require "fancy."

try Footloose or Sunsail? Same base, good service. Nice well equipped boats designed for the charter market. I Have used Moorings, BVIYC, and Conch, & chartered a 46' Footloose 4/4 R&C in June and loved it. (Just booked a 44' Sunsail for June Abbacos trip this year.) Shop around for best overall deal, but I wouldn't go for the lower tier.

Re: Charter Company - 01/17/2015 03:27 PM

I believe the OP wants a mono and Footloose is now only cats...

Re: Charter Company - 01/17/2015 05:01 PM

Does sunsail still price match?
Posted By: beerMe

Re: Charter Company - 01/17/2015 06:49 PM

Yes they do but it must be the "same size, type and age of yacht in the same destination and dates".
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline