TravelTalkOnline

anegada and 7' draft

Posted By: Teammac

anegada and 7' draft - 01/21/2015 11:29 PM

We are headed to Anegada tomorrow, have been there many times, but this is the first time with our Beneteau 51.5 sporting a 7' draft. We have looked over the charts but wanted to ask here if anyone knows the BEST place to anchor with our boat? Cruising guide says something about off the commercial dock but we are not sure how to get there from the entrance channel? Anyone have first hand knowledge here? thanks in advance!
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: anegada and 7' draft - 01/22/2015 12:11 AM

[quote]Teammac said:
We are headed to Anegada tomorrow, have been there many times, but this is the first time with our Beneteau 51.5 sporting a 7' draft. We have looked over the charts but wanted to ask here if anyone knows the BEST place to anchor with our boat? Cruising guide says something about off the commercial dock but we are not sure how to get there from the entrance channel? Anyone have first hand knowledge here? thanks in advance! [/quote

Our boat drafts 6' 4" when I was there in June I went just inside the last channel marker turn right eased up until I was out of water. Dropped the chain and backed down until I was almost in the channel again. I wouldn't go very far in with our draft.
Jay
Posted By: Sandsailsun

Re: anegada and 7' draft - 01/22/2015 12:46 AM

Reef Song draws 7 feet also.
last year we anchored between the green buoy and the mooring field in about 10'feet of water with good holding.
Posted By: Teammac

Re: anegada and 7' draft - 01/22/2015 02:01 AM

We do remember seeing some larger boats west of the last green. Anyone ever use the Pomato Point anchorage them dinghy in?
Posted By: MOParrothead

Re: anegada and 7' draft - 01/22/2015 02:21 AM

Great anchorage. As you approach after passing last channel marker go off to the right just past the mooring field. great depth and holding.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: anegada and 7' draft - 01/22/2015 02:16 PM

I would take a look at Walker's information on BVIPirate Navigation to Anegada page because the markers have changed as of October 2014. Be careful following advise about any of the "last markers" because I believe there were new markers added into the anchorage.
Posted By: cwoody

Re: anegada and 7' draft - 01/22/2015 05:26 PM

We are on a Sunsail 51.5 in May. They are showing only 5'7" draft on their 51.5 mono.
We grabbed a mooring ball in front of Neptune's in '06 in a Mooring 47.3 mono that claimed 5.5 ft draft. Had about a foot under the keel.

Has anyone anchored back by Neptune's recently with 5'7" draft?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline