TravelTalkOnline

Provisioning..

Posted By: FrenchLaundry

Provisioning.. - 02/16/2015 01:53 AM

I provisioned last year and I know the food in the BVI is more expensive. Both Bobby's and Riteway average approximately $24 per case for sodas. I would like to provision some of these items for our trip, but the sodas and waters seem very high. Does anyone know roughly how much a case of soda is if I were to walk into Bobby's and purchase it? I am fine with paying more because it is a service, but I don't want to end up walking in and you can purchase it for half. We have a big group and this would be significant savings.
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Provisioning.. - 02/16/2015 02:54 PM

I think it would be the same price on the store shelf. Check out Tico's for mixes, beer and spirits. Case of soda is $14.50
Posted By: CanadianGirrrl

Re: Provisioning.. - 02/16/2015 04:03 PM

we use caribbean cellars, ticos and bobbys to determine who has best product at best price, rarely do we only use one provisioning company, of course we make the orders worthwhile for us and the provisioner
Posted By: Gailgs

Re: Provisioning.. - 02/16/2015 06:50 PM

i dont want to over provision at the start but i have many bud light drinkers on board..does anyone know if i can buy bud or bud light on virgin gorda..we probably wont be on tortola except the first and last day
Posted By: FirstMate4Life

Re: Provisioning.. - 02/16/2015 07:02 PM

If they drink Bud Light, make them drink Carib. Or better yet, get them hooked on BaCarib.
Posted By: Prospector

Re: Provisioning.. - 02/16/2015 07:36 PM

I am a Bud drinker, so much so my nick name used to be Bud. I will vouch for Carib. When in the BVI's that is my go to beer. Bud won't be hard to find, but why not try something new!
Posted By: TepeRacing

Re: Provisioning.. - 02/16/2015 10:36 PM

The store at virgin Gorda yacht harbor usually has bud light.
Posted By: Gailgs

Re: Provisioning.. - 02/17/2015 01:43 AM

thanks ..that will work
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline