TravelTalkOnline

Footloose Charters

Posted By: FrenchLaundry

Footloose Charters - 02/23/2015 10:23 PM

All- anyone have any experience on 4600 CAT with Footloose charters? Any advice about Footloose would be great!
Posted By: SailOrion

Re: Footloose Charters - 02/24/2015 12:05 AM

I chartered with Footloose several years ago and it was a great trip (as always) except the boat was tired ... E.g freezer did not work, windlass flaky, etc. Footloose prices are good because their boats are retired from the Moorings fleet ... You probably know this. Don't know what dates you are considering or if you need the extra 6 feet, but I have Owner's Time on a brand new Lagoon 400-S2 ... I can give you a very attractive rate if interested. Please visit Sail-Orion.com and let me know if I can help. Regardless, hope you have a wonderful adventure! Thanks - Mark
Posted By: jphart

Re: Footloose Charters - 02/24/2015 12:34 AM

Fl...we chartered Footloose 46' cat June 2014. Loved it all.
Have chartered Moorings 50' mono, 40 &43' cats and a 40 something lagoon. Best trip ever.

I loved the raised helm, great visibility. I could see my crew grabbing the mooring ball, no hand signals needed. Great handling with those twin screws. A/C actually too cold the first night, till we turned it up above 70.

Our cat was five years old, and in fabulous shape. Nothing worn or torn. Refridgerator and freezer worked great, froze water bottles that we used next day to keep drink cooler cooler, and use less ice... more for drinks!

Elect heads were a hit with the ladies, gen provided power for blender and occasional hair dryer. Galley had everything we needed. Everything!

Great sailing, got it up to over 10knots! And with 6 or 8, the space is just fantastic. Treated the same by the Moorings as crew as Moorings and Sunsail charter customers. Love the new base showers on return.

Go for it, no regrets here.
Posted By: Cratti

Re: Footloose Charters - 02/24/2015 03:43 PM

Just chartered a 4600 (Panasea) with Footloose in late January. No complaints. Tenth charter and really the least problems we have ever had. Only issue was leaky dinghy which Footloose handled promptly.
Posted By: stormster

Re: Footloose Charters - 02/24/2015 04:36 PM

We chartered on a monohull on Footloose about 7 years ago. Our boat had a number of issues that had to be fixed (not just inconveniences) but they were really prompt with the chase boat.
Posted By: perky

Re: Footloose Charters - 02/25/2015 12:37 PM

I used many quotes.

http://s320.photobucket.com/user/dperk15/media/image.jpg1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline