TravelTalkOnline

NCAA basketball final 4 this Saturday

Posted By: Mandknky

NCAA basketball final 4 this Saturday - 04/01/2015 02:04 AM

We are coming down later this week and will be sailing out of red hook heading to BVI Saturday morning. Will clear in at either sopers or great harbor JVD.... Anyway, I am trying to determine best place to overnight where we might be able to catch the UK Widcats play in final four Saturday night. Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Mark
Posted By: cruzdoc

Re: NCAA basketball final 4 this Saturday - 04/01/2015 04:24 AM

Mark,

First of all. Go Cats! I am from KY originally and went to school there even though I live in GA now.

Second, I wish I could help you but I honestly am not aware of the best place to catch the game on that side of the BVI. There is a sports bar at BEYC where we caught the UK/GA game in March but that is a long way from where you will be. Not sure I have seen any good places in Sopers or JVD (at least White Bay and Little Harbor). I wonder about Great Harbor on JVD or Cane Garden? Seems like there would be a good chance that one of the restaurants in those places may have a TV with TBS. You would think there would be a place in West End with a TV as well.

We managed to catch the other UK game that trip using internet and my Slingbox which worked pretty well.
Posted By: warren460

Re: NCAA basketball final 4 this Saturday - 04/01/2015 08:13 AM

Captain mulligan sports bar in nanny cay maybe?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: NCAA basketball final 4 this Saturday - 04/01/2015 12:33 PM

There is an upstairs lounge at "Fish N Lime" in Soper's where the old upstairs restaurant used to be when it ws the JR..I am certain it will be on up there..grab food and drinks and relax. As said Mulligans in nanny Cay will certainly have..almost certainly at Paradise Club in CGB and Myett's..
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: NCAA basketball final 4 this Saturday - 04/01/2015 12:59 PM

I'm not really a fan of the place, but I recall Pusser's in Sopers having sports on last time I was there.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rudy could find a TV for the night in Great Harbor.
Posted By: FrenchLaundry

Re: NCAA basketball final 4 this Saturday - 04/01/2015 01:37 PM

I have a son who is a huge Duke fan so we had to coordinate around the trips. We watched at BEYC bar. For your trip - I know it is not in Sopers, but we docked at Peter's Island for the big game. It costs $120 to dock for the night but you then have access to the pool for the day with kids and they have a private room next to the pool where we watched the game while shooting pool in AC all by ourselves:)
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: NCAA basketball final 4 this Saturday - 04/01/2015 05:46 PM

As an alternative to going direct to the BVI you could pick up a NPS mooring off Cruz Bay STJ and there will be multiple viewing options available within easy walking distance of the dinghy dock in town, not a terrible option.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: NCAA basketball final 4 this Saturday - 04/01/2015 07:19 PM

Spoke to Heather, owner of " Fish N Lime", they will be showing the games in the upstairs lounge, serving great drinks and food..Soper's Hole down from the ferry dock..
Posted By: Mandknky

Re: NCAA basketball final 4 this Saturday - 04/01/2015 10:08 PM

Thanks everyone, some good ideas. I am glad to hear we can probably watch the game at Sopers or at CGB, if we have time to sail on over there.... At least we have options, and if we miss the game --- not such a big deal because we will be SAILING!
Posted By: mdoyle9999

Re: NCAA basketball final 4 this Saturday - 04/01/2015 10:41 PM

I'm pretty sure that Leverick will have it on at the Jumbie Bar.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline