TravelTalkOnline

Ferry service from St. Thomas to Conch Chartes

Posted By: Clod

Ferry service from St. Thomas to Conch Chartes - 04/09/2015 01:08 AM

My wife and I are chartering with Conch Charters on May 2 for a sleep aboard. My problem is that US Air has changed our arrival time into SST from 11:30 to 1:45. In the past we have used a water taxi as there were 4 of us. So the price wasn't a problem. This year it is only my wife and I. So I need input on the ferries. Will we have time to catch a ferry and clear customs by the time they close? And what ferry would be best. The one closest to the airport or the east end of St. Thomas? Thanks for your help. Clod
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Ferry service from St. Thomas to Conch Chartes - 04/09/2015 02:36 AM

Are you checking bags?

We've been able to make the 2:30 ferry even with checked bags -- call Kevin - (340) 643-0025 - and arrange for him to meet you at STT -- he will get you to the ferry dock and will know which ferries are running -- he's the best. It looks like there's a 2:30 on Saturdays with Native Son - Smith's has a 3:30 and a 4:30 and Road Town Fast Ferry has a 4:15 listed -- I think you'll be okay!
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Ferry service from St. Thomas to Conch Chartes - 04/09/2015 02:38 AM

Here's the current schedule:
http://www.bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_sttCA_tortola.htm
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Ferry service from St. Thomas to Conch Chartes - 04/09/2015 02:42 AM

If you don't make it to Conch before they close, they will leave a note for you letting you know where the boat is on the docks.

Take the ferry to Roadtown, not the West End. Conch is very close to the Roadtown ferry dock.
Posted By: Rhindley

Re: Ferry service from St. Thomas to Conch Chartes - 04/09/2015 03:09 AM

Agree with all of the above...we've even walked from the Road Town terminal to Conch base.
Posted By: Clod

Re: Ferry service from St. Thomas to Conch Chartes - 04/11/2015 02:49 AM

Thanks. I will call Kevin and let him guide me to the best ferry. This is the best place for info. You guys are the best. Clod.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline