TravelTalkOnline

BVI Spring Regatta

Posted By: windward2c

BVI Spring Regatta - 09/15/2015 05:12 PM

Last year I did the St. Martin Heineken Regatta on a Sunsail 50 mono. It was quite windy and by day three my crew was mutinous:). They said if they do it again, only on a cat (they had 2 divisions of just bareboat cats) and only in BVI. Does anyone know if BVI regatta has cats? Cant do Foxy halloween unfort...
Posted By: Kimber

Re: BVI Spring Regatta - 09/16/2015 03:07 AM

Yes BVI has a multihull division. In the past 8 years I've raced there have been very few charter cats in that class. Last year just two Outremer 51s and three trimarans. Scroll down here http://www.yachtscoring.com/mobile/scratch_sheet.cfm?eID=1205
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: BVI Spring Regatta - 09/16/2015 06:20 AM

I work the Heineken and Antigua Regattas (stuck all day, every day on the committee boat) and know how choppy those seas can be.
Luckily, the waters in the BVI are protected and conditions will be much more settled - so you might want to revise the catamaran criteria.
Posted By: BVISPR

Re: BVI Spring Regatta - 09/16/2015 02:27 PM

Thank you so much for your comments and support of the BVI Spring Regatta. New for 2016 will be additional racing cats. We are working closely with Sunsail and the Moorings ( who sponsor our Race Committee boats) as well as the Outemer organizations to let people know that they can race bareboat catamarans. Registration is opening today, so come on and have some fun racing the 45th BVI Spring Regatta in 2016. bvispringregatta.org
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline