TravelTalkOnline

What To Do On St. Thomas

Posted By: Elvisdog

What To Do On St. Thomas - 10/27/2015 03:18 AM

I would appreciate suggestions on things to do on St. Thomas between a 10:15 ferry arrival from Virgin Gorda and 5:15 flight departure. Can bags be checked early at the airport? Thanks for any suggestions.

Chuck
Posted By: warren460

Re: What To Do On St. Thomas - 10/27/2015 03:28 AM

Shopping downtown and lunch should work
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: What To Do On St. Thomas - 10/27/2015 03:36 AM

You can leave your bags with the taxi drivers outside the ferry terminal then stroll downtown and when your ready get a taxi from the ferry terminal out to the airport.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: What To Do On St. Thomas - 10/27/2015 12:49 PM

As said ,leave bags with the taxi drivers at the ferry dock ..then we head past the seaplane terminal and turn left into Frenchtown and have a terrific lunch right on the water at " Hook,Line and Sinker"..other great restaurant choices there too..
Posted By: Hornetsgirl

Re: What To Do On St. Thomas - 10/28/2015 04:22 AM

I never knew about leaving luggage with the taxi drivers. I know there isn't a way to do it at the airport because of customs. Do they give you a ticket/checkslip for it or something? Is there a charge or just a tip for this service? Is it available at both ferry terminals on St.Thomas?
Posted By: warren460

Re: What To Do On St. Thomas - 10/28/2015 06:23 AM

The service at the taxi stand is free as long as you use one of there cabs.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: What To Do On St. Thomas - 10/28/2015 11:11 AM

Free as long as you use them to get you to the airport but we give them a couple of $$ tip..it's very useful service, and appreciated!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline