TravelTalkOnline

Charter question

Posted By: michellepvm

Charter question - 11/09/2015 12:25 PM

Does anyone have any experience with the following charter. Friends of mine are considering it and asked my opinion because we spend lots of time in the BVI, but we are always land based. Here are the relevant websites. Thank you for any information.

www.awcharter.com or www.ayacanora.com
Posted By: StormJib

Re: Charter question - 11/09/2015 05:53 PM

One cultural difference is quality crewed boats come at a financial cost. A cost model many first time charterers may never come to appreciate. Anyone new to crewed chartering may want to consider using a broker who visits the boats you hope to charter at least once a year and a broker who is regularly booking clients in the market you are considering. A yacht condition or crew quality can change rapidly. The competent brokers are your highly compensated eyes and ears matching your crew to the the boat that best meets your needs with no surprises.

I cut and pasted the item below from the website you linked:

"Tipping of the Captain for outstanding service is greatly appreciated. A common tip for great service is 15%-20% of your total boat rental ($140-$200)"

Handing over in some cases hundreds or even thousands of dollars in "extra" cash at the end of trip for the "service" on the boat is a cultural divide many cannot seem to cross.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Charter question - 11/09/2015 06:30 PM

Highly recommend Ayacanora - Mike and Robbie are WONDERFUL people and the boat is just gorgeous....
Posted By: Warlock

Re: Charter question - 11/09/2015 08:11 PM

Second Ayacanora...boat and crew are first class...but seeing Catatonic last week a 44 Lagoon out of St. Thomas another well run crewed boat you might consider.
Posted By: Catatonic

Re: Charter question - 11/09/2015 08:13 PM

If you prefer monohulls Ayacanora and crew are wonderful. If you want a cat, private message me.

Pamela
Posted By: Nevermonday

Re: Charter question - 11/10/2015 02:59 AM

Third ... Highly recommend Ayacanora - Mike and Robbie are WONDERFUL people and the boat is just gorgeous....
you will have an amzing time
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline