TravelTalkOnline

Customs Question USVI/BVI

Posted By: lcroberts

Customs Question USVI/BVI - 11/16/2015 05:28 PM

Well we leave in two days for our next adventure! We will pick up our Moorings charter in St. Thomas this time (yay! no ferry hassles!) and spend the first 2-3 days exploring the north side of St. John. From there we plan to head to Great Harbor JVD. As far as customs go, am I correct in understanding we do not need to check IN in St. John ? What about BVI...can we check in (and out at the same time?) at Great Harbor/JVD (we will spend the next four days cruising the BVI's)?. Where else can we check out of BVI ? And when we head back to USVI, I understand we should stop at Cruz Bay to check back in USVI? Is that a good place to overnight moor before we head to Red Hook the next morning? Thanks for any advice...
Posted By: Twanger

Re: Customs Question USVI/BVI - 11/16/2015 06:19 PM

If you start in St. Thomas you do not need to check in at St. John, or even check out. It's still the USVI.

Recommend you check in and out of the BVI at the same time at Great Harbor. You pay in advance for the days you stay. Only the captain and the passports are needed to check into the BVI. Fill out the forms.

Checking back in to the USVI...

We pick up a day ball in Western Caneel Bay and dingy south around the point into Cruz. Tie up at the ferry dock and walk directly to US C&I office (to the left).

Check into the USVI. All crew must be present and have their passports.

We then dingy back to our boat and sail 45-minutes to Christmas Cove, Great St. James for our last night.

See this TTOL post for tips on USVI--> BVI --> USVI trips.

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/s...e=0#Post1513459
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline