TravelTalkOnline

Emerald Beach no longer best western

Posted By: sunnybuns

Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/20/2015 07:41 PM

Heads up on this one. Our points were just put back in our accts..

Dear Rick Cashbaugh,

Please be advised that the BEST WESTEN PLUS Emerald Beach Resort in Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands where you have a reservation(s) is no longer a “Best Western” hotel.

As the agreement for your reservation(s) is between you and the hotel, and not Best Western International, your reservation(s) should still be honored at the hotel. Please contact the hotel directly if you have any specific questions regarding your reservation.

If you have any questions regarding this email, please contact 1-800-528-1238 or email [email]custserv@cs.bestwestern.com.[/email]

And now we have no reservation for last night out.Pretty stinky I say..
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/20/2015 07:52 PM

Did you contact the "new" hotel? This same thing happened with Best Western Caribe Beach and I think people ended up okay....

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/20/2015 07:57 PM

Don't know who the "New" owner is yet..Call the old # with fingers crossed I guess..
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/20/2015 08:00 PM

Here's a contact email address from their web site:
reservations@emeraldbeach.com

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/20/2015 08:11 PM

Thanks, Sent an email and will see whats up..

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/20/2015 08:29 PM

Checked their site and they are not taking reservations past jan. 14 2016..Called as well and confirmed no more Best Western booked with points being excepted..

What was avail was 2 bills a nt.
Posted By: boatjunkie

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/20/2015 09:04 PM

new website also.
http://www.emeraldbeach.com/index.html
Posted By: Twanger

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/20/2015 10:37 PM

Good to know. Thanks!
We almost always stay there when chartering out of CYOA.
It's just so darned close to the Airport and the Base.

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/20/2015 10:48 PM

Yeah. Quite the kick in the crotch. So I guess i'll be looking for a 1 nt.stay on STT somewhere. Got Marriott pts. but don't wanna waste them on Frenchman's. Any other suggestions for last nt. Or is this another forum? Carol?

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/20/2015 11:21 PM

It really all depends on what you want - we stayed at Island Beachcomber. Definitely not luxury for $119/night but the beach bar has GREAT food, drinks, and service. That more than made up for the room - and we got the "ocean front" which was very enjoyable....

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/20/2015 11:22 PM

Oh - and you can walk to the airport - it's a tiny bit of a schlepp, but certainly do-able....
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/20/2015 11:38 PM

Yes, it is really a USVI question...

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/20/2015 11:43 PM

Will do.Thanks
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/21/2015 03:29 AM

You might look at this - in Frenchtown, close to Tortola Wharf - great area for food and drink------- walkable!

5 min. to the airport.

http://stthomassource.com/content/news/local-news/2015/11/20/olga-s-fancy-open-villa-olga
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/21/2015 05:32 PM

Stayed there last week..nice room..nice bar..terrible breakfast..messed up orders and the greasiest egg and cheese sandwich I have ever had! The icing on top of the 7% Gov tax and 10% service charge was a $1 "Hotel Fund"charge I was asked to pay..they could not explain where it went as I thought the Gov tax covered it..I was tempted to pay it with my credit card!!
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/21/2015 09:20 PM

Malcolm, if this is the one across from the airport, better off not to use a credit card. In March, my family went there for lunch while they waited for my plane to arrive. Within a couple hours, they got a call from the bank that their credit card had been used in Europe.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/21/2015 09:35 PM

The Carib Beach was the one across from the airport, however, a member here posted that they stayed at the Emerald Beach and received a phone call at 2am saying it was the hotel manager and needed their credit card number.
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Emerald Beach no longer best western - 11/22/2015 03:37 AM

tradewinds said:
The Carib Beach was the one across from the airport, however, a member here posted that they stayed at the Emerald Beach and received a phone call at 2am saying it was the hotel manager and needed their credit card number.

That was me. Happened back in 2014.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline