TravelTalkOnline

norman island

Posted By: Tolafans

norman island - 01/16/2016 03:52 PM

does anyone have information about a michigan woman who may have drowned near norman island this week? were from michigan and thought we may have met her.
Posted By: warren460

Re: norman island - 01/16/2016 05:59 PM

Try the online versions of the local newspapers. It might have what you are looking for.
Posted By: Scubacat

Re: norman island - 01/16/2016 11:29 PM

http://www.bviplatinum.com/news.php?articleId=1452981233
Posted By: 44Fleetwood

Re: norman island - 01/18/2016 03:22 AM

Our family found her clinging to our mooring line while we were out snorkeling in Kelly's Cove. She was barely responsive but said she was having a heart attack. My wife & son held her up out of the water before she lost consciousness. My brother in law and someone from a dive boat who had EMT training got her on board our dingy, started doing chest compressions and got her to over to the large motor yacht anchored at the mouth of the Bight where they had a defibrillator on board. Her husband was swimming at the back of his boat, an Albin 43 trawler and brought on board the yacht by another dingy. She had a pulse when VISAR arrived and whisked her off to the hospital. Sad that she wasn't able to make it. We'd like to offer our condolences to her husband and family.
Posted By: YachtReprise

Re: norman island - 01/18/2016 03:57 AM

Thanks so much for your efforts. It's so nice to know that she had people around her who cared, and did their very best to help.
I had a similar situation in Leinster Bay a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, the same result.
All we can do is our best effort, and I know that her family must appreciate it greatly.
Posted By: Tolafans

Re: norman island - 01/18/2016 04:14 AM

44Fleetwood, thank you so much for this information,it clears up a lot of rumors and mis-information. we met this couple about 8-10 years ago when they were staying at the dock at SeaCows bay. they had since moved to St. John but still spent a lot of time in the BVI wonderful couple and they loved the BVI thank you for your rescue efforts God bless you and her family.
Posted By: casailor53

Re: norman island - 01/18/2016 03:11 PM

YachtReprise said:
Thanks so much for your efforts. It's so nice to know that she had people around her who cared, and did their very best to help.
I had a similar situation in Leinster Bay a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, the same result.
All we can do is our best effort, and I know that her family must appreciate it greatly.

The first time I took CPR I asked the instructor what the success rate was, and was shocked at his response being so low - like 1 in 10. My first thought was that it was hardly worth doing, but that would not be true if you were the 1 in 10 that did survive!
Please learn CPR and be willing to perform it in an emergency.
Condolences to the family.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline