TravelTalkOnline

West End Tortola car rental

Posted By: jzlarson

West End Tortola car rental - 01/23/2016 05:21 PM

I have a couple of questions about renting a car--we are ferrying to West End from STT on Sunday May 8 and will be staying 3 days. We are going to rent a car--I understand there is a local place in the West End--Jerry's? Is he located close to the ferry terminal? Our plans are very loose so we may only want a car 1 day--if that's the case, we may want to just rent on CGB where we will be staying to do a day trip around the island--I understand there is (?) a car rental at CGB--does anyone have any information about that? Also--any thoughts on whether or not we need to make an advance reservation that time of year? (I'm hoping not since we would rather just go with the flow, but if we must we must!) Final question--what about insurance--does our US State Farm cover the car rental or do we need to purchase additional insurance for the BVI? thanks!
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: West End Tortola car rental - 01/23/2016 05:28 PM

Jerry's office is a few min. from the ferry terminal and they will meet you there and bring you back to the office to do the paperwork. Del's is located in CGB, but we've never used them. I would definitely make a reservation either way.
Posted By: GlennA

Re: West End Tortola car rental - 01/23/2016 05:44 PM

Jerry or Denzil Cline will meet you at the ferry terminal. Taxi fare for 2 WE to CGB will be about half the cost of a day's car rental so if you want to go any place else a rental will be cheaper.
Posted By: HillsideView

Re: West End Tortola car rental - 01/23/2016 05:44 PM

Check with your insurance agent, but generally, the answer is NO. You are in a foreign country. While on the subject, you might want to consider travel medical insurance. Your US medical insurance would cover you at "out of network" at best, but you need to pay it upfront and get reimbursement. Coverage is actually pretty cheap.
Posted By: sunnybuns

Re: West End Tortola car rental - 01/23/2016 06:30 PM

Insurance and taxes are included @ Jerrys. Problem is you have to return car to office then get a taxi to ferry dock. Just spoke with him yesterday on this as we wanted to drop off in roadtown to catch a ferry to V/G..no deal.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: West End Tortola car rental - 01/23/2016 06:36 PM

Jerry's will drive you back to West End ferry dock.
Posted By: sunnybuns

Re: West End Tortola car rental - 01/23/2016 07:40 PM

So theres a ferry from west end to V/G???
Posted By: HillsideView

Re: West End Tortola car rental - 01/23/2016 08:47 PM

No, the VG ferry is from RoadTown. Jerry will gladly drive you to WE ferry dock as it is close by. For rides to Roadtown or the airport, taxi.
Posted By: calsail

Re: West End Tortola car rental - 01/24/2016 01:37 PM

D&D car rental has a location on south side West End at Zion Road. Veronica will have a pickup at West End ferry dock or Road Town ferry dock and you can leave the car there when leaving the island. (284) 495 7676 Between D&D, Jerry and Denzil you can't miss.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline