TravelTalkOnline

Travel Insurance

Posted By: michellepvm

Travel Insurance - 05/11/2016 10:51 AM

Do any of you have any suggestions for the best trip insurance? We always travel with SkyMed for medical evacuation but are booking a more expensive crewed charter trip this time and want to have trip insurance as well. Thank you.
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Travel Insurance - 05/11/2016 12:07 PM

insuremytrip.com

Seems like we always end up with Allianz. Last year I think the premium was $210 for four travelers/ 9 days and a total trip cost of about $10K. Be careful when you are rooting around - seems like there are two or three Allianz policies that appear to offer the same things but have different prices.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Travel Insurance - 05/11/2016 12:23 PM

As the previous poster said, check out TTOL sponsor Insure My Trip. You compare coverages side by side and see which one fits you best. Book through the link here on TTOL and it doesn't cost you any more, but TTOL gets a small commission.
Posted By: Fletch

Re: Travel Insurance - 05/11/2016 12:51 PM

Agree insuremytrip.com is a great site to compare policy terms and premiums. of almost every "trip Insurance" available. Regardless of whatever policy you pick make sure you fully understand the terms of coverage and that the policy covers the type of loss you wish to insure against as there are numerous different types of policies available. FYI - you can also contact one of their representatives who are extremely helpful to ask questions and to help you decide what policy fits your particular situation.
Posted By: tjkunes

Re: Travel Insurance - 05/11/2016 01:06 PM

Be sure to check terms on medical evacuation. Most evacuate to nearest qualified facility, very few to facility of your choice near your home.
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Travel Insurance - 05/11/2016 02:32 PM

On medical evacuation that is where Skymed is the exception, they take you home.

Actually there have been some members that have used the services of Skymed and in all cases they reported exceptional service.
Posted By: Tackmaster

Re: Travel Insurance - 05/11/2016 03:01 PM

I get very good rates from AAA-Travel, just call your local agency…fast responses….I even bought a 6 month policy for med evac very reasonable (I travel bunches)
Posted By: RickinAtlanta

Re: Travel Insurance - 05/11/2016 07:13 PM

Already bought SkyMed and just now bought the trip insurance from CSA both through TTOL. NEVER want to use them!!
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Travel Insurance - 05/12/2016 07:05 PM

I will try to get name of one we used previous, but big advantage was that children under 18 were insured for free. Thus a charter boat and airfare for 4 at $10,000 may translate to 2 paid policy of $2500 each and 2 "free" for $2500 each. Again, the "devil is in the details". Review policies closely.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline