TravelTalkOnline

Scrub and Anegada

Posted By: steve74

Scrub and Anegada - 05/11/2016 10:54 AM

I read somewhere that you can no longer use the Scrub Island Resort pool unless you reserve a slip. Is that true? Also, I keep reading that Cow Wreck is better than Loblolly, but a friend and frequent visitor likes Loblolly. The snorkeling will not be that important on this day. We would like the better beach, better view late in the day, better bar and food, and convenience for taxi purposes. These point to Cow Wreck, correct? Thank you in advance for any help!
Posted By: sccpm

Re: Scrub and Anegada - 05/11/2016 11:17 AM

I would cast my vote for Cow Wreck. It's only my opinion but, to me, it was truly the most beautiful beach on Anegada. I could sit there all day just taking in the view.
Posted By: Nalu

Re: Scrub and Anegada - 05/11/2016 11:28 AM

Same same but different, Cow Wreck I think has better food, better bar with view. Loblolly has a better beach ( relatively ) has shade if you want it, it's a bit farther than Cow Wreck but a better road to get there. Taxi will be same price and take just about the same time to get to both. Go to both mix it up smile Not sure about Scrub Is resort but normally any of the BVI's resorts don't let you use the pool unless your paying in some way. Have fun and be Limin.
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Scrub and Anegada - 05/11/2016 11:58 AM

You can't use the pool at Scrub unless you are a guest at the resort. You are considered a guest at the resort if you have a slip or a hotel room. The other alternative is to pay the "resort fee" per guest which - last I looked into it - was silly high.
Posted By: LivinLarge

Re: Scrub and Anegada - 05/11/2016 12:22 PM

We prefer Cow Wreck for the view and beach. There's something about the view that is so captivating !!! But then again Anegada is a special place in that it seems so different from the other islands.
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Scrub and Anegada - 05/12/2016 02:41 PM

Personally, I don't think you're missing much with not using the pool at Scrub. We stayed here 2 days pre-charter in April. With the beautiful waters of the BVI's, I'd rather be in the ocean than the pool. Poolside drink service was non-existent so IMO you're better off swimming off the back of your boat & making your own cocktails :-)
As for Anegada, if snorkeling is not important, I'd go with Cow Wreck any day. Totally laid back, beautiful waters, great cocktails and Ann's smiling face. :-)
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline