TravelTalkOnline

Drowning at Rhone

Posted By: mtbradley

Drowning at Rhone - 06/10/2016 01:36 AM

Hi folks. We pulled up to the Rhone today and I was briefing my crew on the site when we heard cries for help. A diver had drown and was brought to the surface by her husband/dive buddy between our boat and a dive boat. The dive boat pulled them aboard and began cpr. I quickly ferried a doctor and pa from my crew to help with compressions. We called VISAR who arrived and transported her to Peebles. She was not breathing and had no heartbeat. We have no idea the outcome, but the diver was unresponsive for at least 45 minutes. My crew is wondering about the outcome. We've been checking the local news and haven't seen anything. This was about 9:30 this morning. If anyone knows anything would you please post or pm me? 30 minutes of compressions while the rest of my crew looked on from 50 feet away praying has left an impression on the crew. I'm a diver since 1988. Not asking for speculation or judgment. Just trying to find out if she made it. Thanks. Matt
Posted By: warren460

Re: Drowning at Rhone - 06/10/2016 03:08 AM

This is so sad. I feel bad for everyone involved.
Posted By: Schwendy

Re: Drowning at Rhone - 06/10/2016 03:35 AM

Wow. Sorry for all involved. Sad. Sounds like you did all you could.
Posted By: Jeannius

Re: Drowning at Rhone - 06/10/2016 07:58 AM

Matt... You did everything possible to give her a chance so, whatever the outcome, well done.

Phoning VISAR (Office 284 494 4357) will be your best chance of finding out what happened. Alternatively I suggest calling TMM charters. Sam Welch at TMM is one of the Rescue Coordinators and Mark Sanders is/was one of the Helms. They or probably anyone in the TMM office (284-494-2751) will know.
Posted By: mmchaplin

Re: Drowning at Rhone - 06/10/2016 01:39 PM

Very sad and hoping for the best. We were on Jost a few years back and a diver lost his life and we saw them come back in on the boat and it was really sad.
Posted By: mtbradley

Re: Drowning at Rhone - 06/10/2016 02:42 PM

Thanks Mike. Good info. And thanks all. Sad indeed.
Posted By: Twanger

Re: Drowning at Rhone - 06/10/2016 03:11 PM

Wow. So sorry to hear this. Prayers to the family.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline