TravelTalkOnline

Clearing in (again)

Posted By: jandj

Clearing in (again) - 10/04/2016 02:10 PM

I know there's a previous thread on this but wondering if anyone has recently cleared back in to the BVI's after a visit to St John, and, if so, were you subjected to having to have ALL of the crew present with ALL of their belongings per the "new" regulations? Will be there in another month on a charter and want to make a stop in St John since most of our crew has never seen St John. But, if its going to be a major hassle to check back into the BVI's, don't know if its going to be worth it. Any recent experiences clearing back into the BVI's at West End would be appreciated.
Posted By: capndar

Re: Clearing in (again) - 10/04/2016 05:06 PM

We'll be there in 20 days and also interested!!
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Clearing in (again) - 10/04/2016 07:14 PM

What do I know........ not much......... but I'd choose JVD to clear back in. Why ?? JVD Customs House has not much room for any more than the basics.
Posted By: jandj

Re: Clearing in (again) - 10/04/2016 08:49 PM

Thanks Breeze - totally agree. Have cleared in/out of Jost numerous times and have always found it to be the smoothest customs experience. Just that Jost would be a little bit out of our way enroute to our next stop at Norman Island but may totally be worth backtracking the extra few miles.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Clearing in (again) - 10/04/2016 09:54 PM

we have never had a problem at West End, as I said previously, never took more than 10-15 minutes
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Clearing in (again) - 10/04/2016 10:42 PM

We were down in June with no problems. We went over to St John for two days. I was the only one that with into customs. Only "strange" charge was as it was a Sunday, customs claim a holiday fee of $20 per boat and handled over to the custom agents and not the cashier. ( there was me and 5 day captains in line that day)
Posted By: Kimber

Re: Clearing in (again) - 10/05/2016 12:16 PM

jandj said:
I know there's a previous thread on this but wondering if anyone has recently cleared back in to the BVI's after a visit to St John, and, if so, were you subjected to having to have ALL of the crew present with ALL of their belongings per the "new" regulations? Will be there in another month on a charter and want to make a stop in St John since most of our crew has never seen St John. But, if its going to be a major hassle to check back into the BVI's, don't know if its going to be worth it. Any recent experiences clearing back into the BVI's at West End would be appreciated.

My last post on this thread should cover your question. My last clearance thru West End was Sept 22nd. http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/s...rt=all&vc=1
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline