TravelTalkOnline

Lunch on beach from Moorings base

Posted By: steve74

Lunch on beach from Moorings base - 03/13/2017 01:29 AM

Hi all,

As stated in another post, I changed our flights due to a Seaborne schedule change. We are now flying in a day before our sleep aboard at Moorings. Should we spend the extra night at The Mariner Inn or another hotel near the base? We stayed at Maria's last year and it was okay. If we stay in Road Town, what would be the best place to go for the morning through lunch? It would be ideal to hit a nice beach relatively convenient to town with a good place to eat lunch since we will not have a car. I assume you can't rent a car at the airport and drop it at the Moorings.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Steve
Posted By: Chriskal

Re: Lunch on beach from Moorings base - 03/13/2017 02:55 AM

Actually, I think there are several outfits that will give you a car at the airport and pick it up from the Moorings. Aside from that, I wouldn't spend that extra night and in Roadtown.

Personally, I'd stay at the Heritage Inn, hit CGB during the day and Bananakeet for sunset drinks and dinner.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Lunch on beach from Moorings base - 03/13/2017 12:04 PM

I would check out CGB for both nights..Agape ( sponsor), Rhymer's ( cheap, clean on the sand) Rose at Columbus...breakfast and lunches ion the beach..swim and stroll..great way to start your vacation..

Re: Lunch on beach from Moorings base - 03/13/2017 04:55 PM

Thank you for the replies Chriskal and Manpot! I will look in to renting a car from the airport so we can hit a beach. We plan to spend a day at CGB once we get the boat, so I would like to visit some place different if there is a good spot. Any additional suggestions?
Posted By: salica

Re: Lunch on beach from Moorings base - 03/13/2017 05:27 PM

Try somewhere you can't get to by boat: Long Bay area or Brewers Bay for example (as long as it's not a Saturday as that's where locals tend to congregate and can be very busy. I understand cruise ship people also go to Brewers Bay these days).
Posted By: stephenr

Re: Lunch on beach from Moorings base - 03/13/2017 07:53 PM

We enjoyed our visit to Sage Mountain. nice hike and you certainly cannot visit by boat.

Re: Lunch on beach from Moorings base - 03/15/2017 12:26 AM

All good ideas! Thank you all!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline