TravelTalkOnline

Intercaribbean Air Experience?

Posted By: Chriskal

Intercaribbean Air Experience? - 03/25/2017 02:33 PM

I'm wondering if someone with personal experence would be willing to give me the lowdown on this operation? I've searched and read the threads that mention it, but I'm hoping someone might have a few more details on the experience both good and/or bad.

Plane type, condition, timeliness, customer service etc. it appears they have EMB 120's, Twin Otters and some Beechcraft in their fleet, but I can't find any indication of which they are using to service the SJU-EIS route.

I'm considering them for our July trip as the three of us would only cost $277 total one way. Last year we used Island Birds. It was great and not materially more than what Cape Air or Seaborne wanted for three one way tickets. The difference on the IC fare however would buy a whole lot of painkillers.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Intercaribbean Air Experience? - 03/25/2017 02:47 PM

Using them in May from SJU to Virgin Gorda.

Re: Intercaribbean Air Experience? - 03/25/2017 02:57 PM

Here's a discussion from a couple of weeks ago....

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/s...e=3#Post1726933

Re: Intercaribbean Air Experience? - 03/25/2017 03:09 PM

Thank you. I saw that and it was certainly a positive report. Although they are fairly new I was hoping someone else had flown with them and be willing to provide some feedback.

Absent negative reviews I'm probably going to book it. I'm not generally opposed to paying extra for convenience, and there's little more convenient than private air, but for a single 40 minute flight . . .
Posted By: Kmon

Re: Intercaribbean Air Experience? - 03/25/2017 11:42 PM

Their website doesn't show any flights from San Juan to Virgin Gorda. Assume you're taking a ferry to VG from Beef?

Re: Intercaribbean Air Experience? - 03/26/2017 02:58 AM

I went ahead and booked with them. The flight is even scheduled to leave at a convenient 11:30. We don't have to get up early and should still get to Tortola by around lunch.

We have a sleepaboard the day we arrive in Tortola, so assuming everything goes as planned will have an afternoon to kill so a delay won't really hurt us, as long as the flight eventually gets there. I'm going to use the funds I save vs. air charter to upgrade us to 1st class on the way home.

Re: Intercaribbean Air Experience? - 03/26/2017 03:28 PM

Kmon said:
Their website doesn't show any flights from San Juan to Virgin Gorda. Assume you're taking a ferry to VG from Beef?

Yes - sorry - I was confusing my trips - using Air Sunshine in a couple of weeks for St. Thomas to VG -- Inter Caribbean to Beef from SJU in May.
Posted By: Marylou

Re: Intercaribbean Air Experience? - 03/28/2017 02:56 AM

Booked with them for May-June trip. Will post afterwards. However, they just cancelled our 11:40 am flight from EIS to SJU and we now have to leave at 9:30 and hang around SJU until 3:30
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline