TravelTalkOnline

Green Flash

Posted By: wmangum

Green Flash - 04/22/2017 01:03 AM

Yes, they really exist. We have seen many of them here. April is the best month for green flashes on Anegada. I caught this one this afternoon.

Green Flash
Posted By: Fletch

Re: Green Flash - 04/22/2017 01:34 AM

We have a view of the sunset from our home so we see the Green Flash often.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Green Flash - 04/22/2017 01:56 AM

Very nice! Seen a few myself..
Posted By: Tackmaster

Re: Green Flash - 04/22/2017 11:56 AM

I had six friends aboard my boat about this time last year....we were all sitting in the cockpit on Anegada having a sunset drink watching the sun sink. I said "this is about the time the green flash occurs given the right conditions", at that exact moment we witnessed what Magnum just posted. They all screamed like little girls....it was one of the most cool things that I have had happen on my many trips down.....awesome!!! Thanks for catching that flash Magnum....see you soon. Capt. Jim
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Green Flash - 04/22/2017 03:35 PM

In summer I have seen several from CRC. Rock R Roll Hall of Famer Steve Cropper and his family were staying with us as we had cocktails on the third floor balcony. I told them to watch for it and it happened at that very moment! The guy who co wrote " Dock of the Bay", "Midnight Hour" etc. promised he had a new idea for an R and B classic that afternoon!
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Green Flash - 04/24/2017 01:48 AM

Or a Flash of Green by John Macdonald. First time I ever heard about it through the Travis McGee series. Great video.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline