TravelTalkOnline

Roadtown Car Rental

Posted By: Sunnybums

Roadtown Car Rental - 04/28/2017 06:52 PM

Any recommended car rental out of Roadtown? Tried Jerry, but would have to get off the ferry in West End.
Posted By: BreckSailor

Re: Roadtown Car Rental - 04/28/2017 07:51 PM

Likewise, I'm looking to pick up a rental car next week for a couple of days in Roadtown and dropping off at marina at Hodges Creek. So, looking for any recommendations as well.
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Roadtown Car Rental - 04/28/2017 08:17 PM

We rented from Alamo - rental office is in the lobby at Maria's by the Sea hotel. Just be sure to specify what time you want to pick up the car.
Posted By: Dmgators

Re: Roadtown Car Rental - 04/28/2017 08:24 PM

When we used to fly into Beef Island we used Itgo several times and were very happy with their service. As I recall, they picked us up at the airport.
Posted By: Philthy

Re: Roadtown Car Rental - 04/28/2017 09:12 PM

Try Courtesy car rental in Roadtown we did the same as you going out of hodges creek. they picked us up at the ferry dock and when we returned it they gave us a ride back to Hodges very nice to work with, no one else would do that for us for a one day renatl
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Roadtown Car Rental - 04/29/2017 12:09 AM

I've also used ITGO several times. It's a 5 minute walk from the Roadtown ferry dock.
Posted By: islanddoc

Re: Roadtown Car Rental - 04/29/2017 01:10 AM

My office is across the street from the Road Town ferry dock. If you need to leave luggage, etc, for a bit, please let me know. Be glad to help y'all out.
Posted By: dkenny

Re: Roadtown Car Rental - 04/29/2017 02:26 PM

We had good experience picking up with Hertz on Easter Sunday. They met us at the Ferry Dock even with ferry being about 30 minutes late. She was waiting there and we quickly did paperwork (they didn't do a formal reservation just took my name and number and told me that they would be there). We just left the car in the Moorings lot on Tuesday morning with the keys at the front desk. I called a couple of hours after to confirm they had picked up the keys and all was good.

Re: Roadtown Car Rental - 04/29/2017 02:28 PM

Thank you for the replies. Islanddoc I might take you up on that offer. How much is an adjustment? Feel free to pm me. Thanks again everyone.
Posted By: BarbandRon

Re: Roadtown Car Rental - 04/29/2017 05:09 PM

We reserved a car on the Obitz site with Alamo for about 300 usd/week with insurance. Pickup/drop off at the airport with a ride back to our dock at Hodges Creek. Pretty small vehicle but it got the job done.

Re: Roadtown Car Rental - 04/30/2017 01:32 PM

Reserved one via Alamo. I have always rented from locals in the islands. Are there any surprises I should expect? Is it truly a 5 min walk from the ferry to Maria's by the sea? We have two small children and not sure with luggage they could handle the walk. Worse case I get the car and come back to get them. Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Roadtown Car Rental - 04/30/2017 01:39 PM

Yes it is only a 5 minute walk perhaps less
Posted By: BreckSailor

Re: Roadtown Car Rental - 05/03/2017 08:01 PM

Thanks for the advice. I've arranged to contact Alex at Courtesy who can pick up/drop off in Tortola. Islanddoc, thanks very much for offering to let me leave luggage - really appreciate the offer, but probably not necessary if things work as planned! Heading to USVI tomorrow and then to Tortola on Friday, so looking forward to a couple of months of adventure...
Posted By: islanddoc

Re: Roadtown Car Rental - 05/04/2017 12:51 AM

Cool! If things don't work out or, if you need anything, my office # is 284-346-4100. Hope your trip is incredible!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline