TravelTalkOnline

Trip report 3 of many?

Posted By: TIMRIM

Trip report 3 of many? - 05/18/2017 07:05 PM

Another awesome day in the BVI. Motored over to the Baths, I call it rocks on the beach, . The grandson and his mui bonita Mia had never been. They had fun while we snorkeled the formations outside. Really good, lots of sponges, fish, fan corral. The new site of the kraken was busy, maybe later. Stopped for the night outside Sandbox for a quiet family time. Cold beer, ribs on the grill. Who knows tomorrow???
Posted By: Sandsailsun

Re: Trip report 3 of many? - 05/18/2017 07:53 PM

We arrive at 830 Sunday morning at VG airport hanging stvleverick for a few days then over to SABA maybe Tuesday then unsure . Thursday at Trellis

Re: Trip report 3 of many? - 05/18/2017 11:40 PM

Tomorrow, BBQ and Jumbie and live music at Leverick! The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Re: Trip report 3 of many? - 05/18/2017 11:41 PM

By the way... Tonight while cooking ribs, a pair of flamingos heading east at sunset.... Our lucky day!!
Posted By: hophead

Re: Trip report 3 of many? - 05/20/2017 11:34 PM

Have any of you been to the Art Reef aka the Kraken yet? Can you see it snorkeling or do you need to dive?
Posted By: suzkoop

Re: Trip report 3 of many? - 05/21/2017 01:21 AM

hophead said:
Have any of you been to the Art Reef aka the Kraken yet? Can you see it snorkeling or do you need to dive?

I contacted the group who was responsible for sinking her to ask the same thing. We are 8 people on a boat, 7 of us will be diving but the 8th will not and I didn't know if she could snorkel her. The response I got was she sunk in 56 feet and you can clearly see her from the surface on a clear day. Maybe someone else has first hand knowledge. I'll be diving her in two weeks!

Suzanne
Posted By: IWIWSE

Re: Trip report 3 of many? - 05/21/2017 01:39 AM

we snorkeled it a couple of weeks ago. we went on the bitter end trip, that was one of the stops. it was a sunny we could see it perfectly.
Rhonda
Posted By: warren460

Re: Trip report 3 of many? - 05/21/2017 02:36 AM

If the visibility in the water is good, you will see the wreck, otherwise not so much. If there was a lot of rain in the day or two prior to your visit, then the visibility will be poor.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline