TravelTalkOnline

charter planning and tire-kickers

Posted By: ggffrr11

charter planning and tire-kickers - 05/20/2017 09:12 PM

Is it just me or does it get frustrating when you are trying to book your next bare boat trip and several of the "would-be" players/payers won't make their minds up? They keep saying they really want to go, but they won't confirm. They sure won't put their deposit down. Yet, they won't say "no". You're hesitant to book without them because they're upset you didn't wait on them. Most of the time, you're booking 6-8 months out ahead of time. Its like they want you to put their deposit down and then they'll let you know 30 days out from departure if they're still going. I saw a sign once that said: "Those that want by the yard, but buy by the inch, should be kicked by the foot!"
Posted By: stevelon

Re: charter planning and tire-kickers - 05/20/2017 09:21 PM

I go through that every time. I say whoever has their money it at a certain time is going. If not maybe next time.
All the Best
Steve
Posted By: Manpot

Re: charter planning and tire-kickers - 05/20/2017 10:18 PM

To quote My Buffett:"Indecision may..or may not..be my problem." Having owned a home for years on Tortola I have gone through this hundreds of times..they fall in love with the idea..worry about the $$$..but don't want to back out. My lesson is to give folks a hard deadline to cough up or quit..
Posted By: Capnmike

Re: charter planning and tire-kickers - 05/20/2017 11:42 PM

Recently had the opposite problem, had 6 couples show up with cash deposits, we were really only looking for 2, now we are renting 2 boats.
Posted By: warren460

Re: charter planning and tire-kickers - 05/21/2017 12:10 AM

That does not sound like a problem
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: charter planning and tire-kickers - 05/21/2017 12:38 AM

We need total 4 couples. The estimated cost is XYZ for boat, XYZ2 for provisions and airfare looks like it will be XYZ3.. "Let me know by June 3rd with deposit of $300". We will then get together with all couples and then select the boat.
Posted By: captmoby

Re: charter planning and tire-kickers - 05/21/2017 10:56 AM

Make sure they have bought their non-refundable plane tickets first.
Posted By: RickG

Re: charter planning and tire-kickers - 05/22/2017 10:21 PM

I have group travel rules that work for us to solve the commitment problem. I've mentioned them previously.

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/s...e=0#Post1733456

I say book it and let people choose their cabins in the order they pay. But, no whiners!

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: maytrix

Re: charter planning and tire-kickers - 05/23/2017 12:40 AM

We've never really had that problem. I would send out an email to everyone on my trip list and first to respond and commit are in. You snooze you lose..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline