TravelTalkOnline

STT to Tortola Private water taxi/boat

Posted By: getlostonpurpose

STT to Tortola Private water taxi/boat - 05/23/2017 10:02 PM

Hello all!

Hoping someone can provide the latest update on private water taxis/boats from STT over to Tortola. Hopeing to get all the way to Road Town (Moorings). Would love to be able to check in and get shuttled right over to the docks.

Is that possible? Is the selection of companies still limited to 1 or 2 because of customs laws? Is so, who were those guys again? This is for 4 couples in December.

Thanks!
Drew
Posted By: suzkoop

Re: STT to Tortola Private water taxi/boat - 05/23/2017 10:14 PM

We are using Foxys Water Taxi to get from the Moorings dock back to STT in June. I have never used them before so can't speak to how it will be, but wanted to let you know they were an option.
Suzanne
Posted By: leeguice

Re: STT to Tortola Private water taxi/boat - 05/23/2017 10:15 PM

As of my check a few weeks ago your choices are Ocean Dreams and Foxy to go beyond West End. Have used Ocean Dreams 3 time...fantastic and worth the expense to us as a family given schedules.
Posted By: GW248

Re: STT to Tortola Private water taxi/boat - 05/24/2017 02:53 AM

Can't Dolphin do this as well?

http://www.dolphinshuttle.com/
Posted By: cajunscuba

Re: STT to Tortola Private water taxi/boat - 05/24/2017 11:40 AM

Due to flight time changes we are landing at STT at 3:45 so we wouldn't be able to catch the ferry to make it on time for the first night of our charter. So I reserved private transfer. We have dolphin water taxi (http://www.dolphinshuttle.com) reserved for transfer from charlotte amalie to Road Town (sunsail docks).
They will pick us up at airport; Drive us to Red Hook; take boat over to West End, Tortola; then drive us to Road Town. All this is done through Dolphin Water taxi.
Greg at Dolphin water taxi told me it takes 2 hours and 15 minutes from bag claim depending on variables.
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: STT to Tortola Private water taxi/boat - 05/24/2017 01:07 PM

We have used Foxy's several times. Great service both times. They can take you to the Moorings.
Posted By: getlostonpurpose

Re: STT to Tortola Private water taxi/boat - 05/24/2017 06:08 PM

This is awesome. Thanks so much for the info guys!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline