TravelTalkOnline

Tortola diving

Posted By: hafpint

Tortola diving - 06/06/2017 01:48 AM

I am looking for a good dive shop in Tortola. We are in Tortola for just one day on cruise ship in August. Also, will be looking at diving in St Thomas. Any recommendations for dive shops, or dive sites will be appreciated
Posted By: warren460

Re: Tortola diving - 06/06/2017 03:14 AM

Commercial dive services based in Road Town has a division that can take you.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Tortola diving - 06/06/2017 05:25 AM

Blue Water Divers are an excellent operation in Soper's Hole and Nanny Cay

Re: Tortola diving - 06/06/2017 08:31 AM

Blue water divers are harder for cruise ship passengers if the boat arrives at a typical time.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Tortola diving - 06/06/2017 12:02 PM

Blue Water Divers is excellent. Keith will take good care of you!
G

Re: Tortola diving - 06/07/2017 11:15 AM

I have used blue water divers on many occasions over the years. I agree that they are exvellent and have no issue using or recommending them.

However, the original poster stated that they are on cruise ship. Whenever I asked blue water divers about joining them as a cruise ship passenger, they required that I meet them at nanny cay at a time that was too early given the cruise ships scheduled arrival time.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Tortola diving - 06/07/2017 04:19 PM

schedule an afternoon dive if you have time, also I believe UBS does private dives
Posted By: Scubacat

Re: Tortola diving - 06/08/2017 01:26 AM

Blue Water Divers ask you to be at their Nanny Cay location by 8.30, which works well for the cruise ships, they don't like to take people from ships that are leaving before 4pm, because of the risk of a very slow day on the boat and not getting them back in time. Sail Caribbean Divers are the only ones on Tortola that do afternoon dives. We Be Divin are the closest dive center to the cruise ship dock. UBS are no longer in operation.

Re: Tortola diving - 06/08/2017 01:28 AM

And if the ship is in late, or customs takes its time clearing the ship.....?
Posted By: Scubacat

Re: Tortola diving - 06/08/2017 04:20 PM

Believe it or not, it very seldom happens. But Blue Water Divers know from the booking that the guests are on the ship, and can hold the boat until 9.10am at the very latest. Helps if the guests give them a shout just to let them know what's going on.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline