TravelTalkOnline

Longer Posts

Posted By: CDavis2

Longer Posts - 07/03/2017 08:42 PM

I was looking to post some comments based on a recent experience where we barely managed to keep our boat off the rocks on Beef Island based it seems like my post is too long for the site. Am I doing something wrong when I try to copy and paste something from Word into the browser or does TTOL have some type of character limit?
Posted By: warren460

Re: Longer Posts - 07/03/2017 08:49 PM

I don't know about a limit. Break it into a few smaller ones.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Longer Posts - 07/03/2017 09:32 PM

Maybe save it to a plain text file first, maybe it's trying to include a bunch of formatting?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Longer Posts - 07/03/2017 09:59 PM

There is no character limit that I am aware of. If you are composing online, you will sometimes get 'timed out' because you are taking too long to compose the post. But if you are composing in a word program offline, it should be ok. What type of an error message are you getting?

Re: Longer Posts - 07/04/2017 01:34 PM

Thanks for the help. The message I am receiving is the 'timed out' message but I am pasting it and then immediately clicking submit. I will save it off to a text file and try again.

Re: Longer Posts - 07/04/2017 01:59 PM

It turned out to be related to my internet connection which was over a data card. Once I swapped over to wifi connection it worked fine. Sorry for the confusion.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Longer Posts - 07/04/2017 03:02 PM

Glad you got it resolved eventually.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline