TravelTalkOnline

Craft Beer in BVI?

Posted By: jredenbaugh

Craft Beer in BVI? - 08/25/2017 07:22 PM

I really enjoy a good IPA. Is there any reasonably priced craft beer options in RT? Other thoughts to get some along the way?
Posted By: aarpskier

Re: Craft Beer in BVI? - 08/25/2017 07:30 PM

Cooper Island Brewing Co
CIBC
Posted By: jredenbaugh

Re: Craft Beer in BVI? - 08/25/2017 08:06 PM

Very nice!!! Our last trip was June of 2016. I will give them a try.
Posted By: Gatorfan

Re: Craft Beer in BVI? - 08/25/2017 08:09 PM

St. John's brewers makes a decent IPA.
http://www.stjohnbrewers.com/beers.html
Posted By: Lenair

Re: Craft Beer in BVI? - 08/25/2017 08:20 PM

I second Cooper Island. They've been brewing for a couple of years now. All of their brews are tasty. Stopping there is mandatory for us every time we go to the BVI. Great conch fritters too.
Posted By: jrw

Re: Craft Beer in BVI? - 08/26/2017 12:23 AM

Cooper's beers imho are VERY good!
However, they are not HOP bombs of the current fad in the US.
Posted By: Chriskal

Re: Craft Beer in BVI? - 08/26/2017 02:04 PM

My wife is an IPA fan as well. I always provision a 12 of Island Hoppin IPA (ST. John Brewers) for her to break up the Carib. She seems to like it just fine and it is readily available in RT.

We also enjoyed the beer at Cooper Island, but I don't think you can easily provision it.
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Craft Beer in BVI? - 08/26/2017 02:57 PM

Is Foxy still running his brewery?
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Craft Beer in BVI? - 08/26/2017 10:31 PM

GlennA said:
Is Foxy still running his brewery?

Since when do you ask a question?
Posted By: SailorFitz

Re: Craft Beer in BVI? - 08/29/2017 01:09 PM

I'm a die hard IPA fan....I found Island Hoppin to very available in the markets and even on some beach bar taps. Although not quite a "micro" brew, but very drinkable, I found Samual Adams Rebel IPA in great supply down there.... I don't think you can get Cooper Island beer anywhere other than on Cooper and their hours are VERY limited.....we were there too early on our way up to Leverick....cheers
Posted By: RickG

Re: Craft Beer in BVI? - 08/29/2017 06:48 PM

If you go through St. Thomas, you can get Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA and Oskar Blues IPA in cans at Food Center. They have other products too, but that varies.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Craft Beer in BVI? - 08/29/2017 07:43 PM

I don't know my IPA's (not much of a beer drinker), but on our last trip one of our crew wanted an IPA. We found Tico's to have a few different kinds.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline