TravelTalkOnline

Donating to the cause

Posted By: Bakoguy

Donating to the cause - 09/09/2017 03:47 PM

We have a group of friends here in Calif. that love the BVIs and have been following this whole disaster very closely. I know there have been some posts about contributing to help relief efforts. Can anyone provide info on which organizations would be the best to contribute to as far as providing the the most effective aid at this time. We really want to help, if only in some small way.

Allen
Posted By: wmangum

Re: Donating to the cause - 09/09/2017 04:20 PM

See https://bvirelief.com/

The only fund that they list that I would not recommend is the BVI Recovery Fund, which is administered by the BVI Government.
Posted By: tjkunes

Re: Donating to the cause - 09/09/2017 05:53 PM

We support Convoy of Hope a 4 star rated by Charity Navigator.
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Donating to the cause - 09/09/2017 08:54 PM

I have received information from the BVI rotary aobut sending supplies, etc. If you want I can contact them on behalf of the members here and see what they need and/or require. They were talking about supplies that would be delivered by boat or aircraft and believed they could get the appropriate approvals from the government.
Posted By: gjconsult

Re: Donating to the cause - 09/10/2017 04:13 PM

I'm finally able to post. Have not been able to login for over 6 months. Because of the Equifax breach, my card companies keep denying my donation to Virgin because it comes through as "Unknown Merchant"

I'm trying hard to send support to the BVI
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline